1. Log into your Facebook account and to your ChicagoNow account.
2. Go to your Dashboard and select "Settings"
3. You will see options for "Use Facebook commenting" and "Use ChicagoNow commenting." Select "Use Facebook commenting" then scroll down and hit "Save Changes."
(NOTE: AT THIS POINT FACEBOOK COMMENTING IS LIVE ON YOUR BLOG. THE REST OF THE INSTRUCTIONS ARE SO YOU CAN MODERATE YOUR COMMENTS)
4. After hitting "Save Changes" a new area will appear in your Settings called "Comment moderation." A pink box will show up with the words "Enter your blog's Facebook app ID. Locate this area.
5. In the pink area there is an a clickable link called "create an active app for your blog here." Click on it.
(IT MAY ASK YOU TO BECOME A "DEVELOPER." IF IT DOES, DO THIS.)
6. A page will pop up with "Create New App" in the right-hand corner. Click on it. In the "Display Name" area give your app a title that's the same name as your blog. You will NOT do anything with the Namespace area. Select the most appropriate "Category" for your blog (if nothing is appropriate click whatever you want, this doesn't matter) and then hit "Create App" and complete the security check.
7. On the left side of the page select "Settings."
8. Select "+Add Platform" and then in the box that pops up select "Website."
9. Paste your fill blog URL (For example: http://www.chicagonow.com/cubs-den) into the "Site URL" box. Then select "Save Changes."
10. At the top of the page you are on it will say App ID and provide a 14-digit number. Copy this number.
10. Go back to your ChicagoNow blog's settings page and in the "Comment moderation" area find the box where it says "Enter Facebook app ID". Paste in the App ID then scroll down and select "Save Changes."
11. You now have access to moderate your Facebook Comments. How do you do that? Read on.
12. You can moderate comments from your blog or from https://developers.facebook.com/tools/comments. You can hide comments, boost comments (which means to give it a higher social ranking) or ban a user. If you want to moderate all comments make that change within the Facebook app at https://developers.facebook.com/tools/comments.
Important note: When you ban a user who has already made a comment his comment is still visible to his friends, but not to anybody else. However, that person will not be able to post again.
13. One benefit to using https://developers.facebook.com/tools/comments is that you can see all comments coming in chronologically regardless of which post they appeared on.
You can receive notifications each time a comment is left in Facebook Commenting but ONLY if you activate one particular setting. Here’s how you do it:
1. Go into your Dashboard.
2. Click on “Settings on the left rail.
3. Find where it says “Facebook comment notifications (send an email notification to the post author for each new Facebook comment”
4. Select “Yes”
5. Scroll down and select “Save Changes”
IMPORTANT NOTE: ChicagoNow can't edit your Facebook Comments, it's entirely up to you.
IMPORTANT NOTE: YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR MIND. BUT IF YOU DO, ALL FB COMMENTS WILL BECOME HIDDEN WHEN YOU RETURN TO CN COMMENTS.