We allow you to add your own Google AdSense ads to your blogs so you can start earning some income right away. To be clear we don’t take a share of this money. It’s all between you and Google.
It's not possible to create an AdSense account that is directly connected to your ChicagoNow blog. However, if you have an existing AdSense account this will work. I’m not going to write directions on how to do each step because Google AdSense has already expertly done it with their Newbie Central. Any question you have can be answered there.
Here is a quick to-do list that should help you once you’ve got a working account.
1. You’ll need to create an ad unit. The size of the widget is essential. Select 300 x 250 to have it best fit the right rail on your blog.
2. Once you’ve created the ad unit, you will need to copy SOME of this HTML code. Here is the HTML code:
google_ad_client = "ca-pub-754xxxxxxxxxxxxx"; /* 300 x 250 text ads only */ google_ad_slot = "24xxxxxxxx"; google_ad_width = 300; google_ad_height = 250;
3. Go to the Widgets area of your Wordpress Dashboard and find the widget “Adsense.”
4. Move it over to the Sidebar Layout
5. The ONLY numbers you will need are the ones next to “google_ad_client” and “goodle_ad_slot.” Copy and paste those into the appropriate spots in the widget and save. See the image below to see what it looks like:
6. The Google Ad may not immediately appear in the spot you place it. If it works, you’ll see it clearly. If it’s not working yet you’ll just see an empty space. Give it some time but should be there shortly.