Review and photos by Brooks Medlen
On Sunday, we attend Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival at First Midwest Bank Amphitheater (now called Hollywood Casino Amphitheater). This open air music venue in south suburban Tinley Park had two stages for performances.
The side stage knows as the Victory Record Stage featured the following acts;
- Coldcock Band Winner
- Code Orange
- Shattered Sun
- Sworn In
- Sister Sin
- Jungle Rot
- Thy Art is Murder
- Kissing Candice
- Feeding Her To The Sharks
On the Rockstar Energy Drink Main Stage, the following acts performed;
- Devil Wears Prada. The Devil Wears Prada is the musical embodiment of a generational shift. Built on a diverse array of heavy, dark, melodic and genre-defying music; hardened and sharpened by putting in road work together since the days when they had to skip class to tour: The Devil Wears Prada is at the forefront of a movement that bridges the gap between Rockstar Mayhem and the Vans Warped Tour.
- Hellyeah. Headbangers, take note! Don't waste time concerning yourself with the band members' impressive resumes or with dwelling on their previous work. On Blood For Blood, Hellyeah lives in the here and now.
- King Diamond. King Diamond is quite possibly the most recognizable and prolific personality ever in heavy metal. Revered by icons as big as Metallica and Pantera to inspiring new upstarts like Goatwhore; King Diamond, the man and the band, have left an indelible mark on the history, and now again, the future of heavy metal. Recent video game, festival, and touring appearances have helped vault the living legend into the spotlight and in front of new throngs of metal fans.
- Slayer. Slayer is a thrash metal band from formed in 1981. Slayer rose to fame with its 1986 release Reign in Blood, and is credited as one of the "Big Four" thrash metal bands, along with Metallica, Megadeth, and Anthrax, as well as a pioneer of the thrash metal subgenre of heavy metal music.
The venue sold nearly 8000 tickets, maybe it was the day of the week, the venue, the lineup, were not sure, it was not a sold out crowd. The fans that purchased lawn seats were invited to move forward, as they closed the lawn; they filled in the empty seats and enjoyed the upgrade.
Attendees seemed to enjoy the performances of the day and we will give this a rating of 4 guitars.
If you enjoy my posts, please subscribe to Chicagoland Concert & Event Review here on Chicago Now. Type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time. You can also find us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and MatthewMedlenPhotography.com
Filed under: Concerts
Tags: Code Orange, Devil Wears Prada, Feeding Her To The Sharks, First Midwest Bank Amphitheater, Hellyeah, Jungle Rot, King Diamond, Kissing Candice, Rockstar Energy Drink Mayhem Festival, Rockstar Mayhem Festival, Shattered Sun, Sister Sin, Slayer, Sworn In, They Art is Murder, Whitechapel, • Coldcock Band Winner