New Jersey Governor Chris Christie called out the GOP majority in the house for dragging their feet on relief for the victims of Superstorm Sandy. And rightfully so, the Republican do nothing congress did even more nothing as relief efforts continue for the victims of Hurricane Sandy, and most notably for those in the state of New Jersey, dragged for weeks behind the aid given for previous hurricanes.
The Notre Dame Fighting Irish men’s basketball team is now getting involved in the cause. A special online auction will be held from now until January 17th on Notre Dame’s official web site UND.com as fans have the opportunity to bid on several unique items. Proceeds from the auction will be presented to New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. Christie, a longtime friend of Irish head coach Mike Brey, is scheduled to be in attendance at the Notre Dame-Rutgers game at Purcell Pavilion at the Joyce Center on Saturday, Jan. 19 at 8:00 pm (ET).
Auction items on UND.com include:
• Bid on the special black uniforms designed by adidas and worn by theIrish during Notre Dame’s 64-50 win on Nov. 29 against eighth-ranked Kentucky. The uniforms in the auction will be those of starters Eric Atkins (#0), Scott Martin (#14), Jerian Grant (#22), Pat Connaughton (#24) and Jack Cooley (#45).
• Get an inside look at the Notre Dame men’s basketball program. Go behind the scenes by attending an Irish basketball practice, meet the team and staff, and tour the basketball facilities at Purcell Pavilion.
• Four passes to Club Naimoli as well as court level seats to the Notre Dame-Cincinnati game on Sunday, Feb. 24 at 2:00 pm (ET).
• Own the actual game ball from the Notre Dame-Kentucky men’s basketball game on Nov. 29. The game marked first regular-season win for the Irish against the Wildcats since March of 1990.
• Own a part of Irish basketball history with the actual net and rim Notre Dame used during the second half of their memorable upset of top-ranked Syracuse on Jan. 21, 2012.
Paul M. Banks is CEO of The Sports Bank.net, a Google News site generating millions of unique visitors. He’s also a regular contributor to Chicago Now, Chicago Tribune.com, Walter Football.com, Yardbarker, and Fox Sports
A Fulbright scholar, published author and MBA, Banks has appeared on live radio all over the world; he’s also a member of the Football Writers Association of America, U.S. Basketball Writers Association, and Society of Professional Journalists. The President of the United States follows him on Twitter (@Paul_M_BanksTSB) You should too.