One thing I always disliked about draft grades- for both sports, is
that they're very inaccurate. You can't actually grade/judge them until a
few years have passed.
Now grading a mock draft? You can do that as soon as the draft ends. And one website, Weakside Awareness, has done just that with their "Watching the Watchers" post. Of course, they didn't rank every single mock on the web, just the most prominent ones.
And here are the results. Notice who's #1!!!!!! REPRESENT!
Like I've said before, The Sports Bank is the only independently
owned, non-corporate sports media site that has a mock draft for all of
the four biggest sports team leagues. This is how WA scored the mocks.
- 12 points for every accurate pick,
- 10 points for every pick which missed by one spot,
- 8 points for every pick which missed by two spots,
- 6 points for every pick which missed by three spots,
- 4 points for every pick which missed by four spots,
- 2 points for every pick which missed by five spots,
- 0 points for all others.
Go here to see the standings