- The White Sox fell to the Kansas City Royals in a back and forth 7-5 loss. The dagger coming in a two run homer by Royals centerfielder Lorenzo Cain in the top of the ninth. The Sox kept their one game lead in the A.L. Central due to the Tigers falling to the Angels in a 3-2 contest.
- Adam Dunn sat out of Friday's game due to ongoing pain from a hip injury. The injury is keeping Dunn day to day and he could be back in the lineup as early as Saturday
- Sox starting pitcher Gavin Floyd could be back on the mound as early as next week. Floyd threw a bullpen session on Friday and felt encouraged by the outing and expects to have at least one more session before being re-evaluated.
- Brian Urlacher was among four starters who appeared on the Bears' injury report as "probable". The veteran linebacker, wide receiver Earl Bennett, free safety Chris Conte and punter Adam Podlesh all look ready to go on Sunday in the season opener against the Indianapolis Colts.
- The Cubs bashed the Pittsburgh Pirates in a 12-2 romp at PNC Park. Cubs starter Travis Wood got his first win in over two months. Rookie Brett Jackson had a spectacular catch that ended the sixth inning. Jackson crashed in to the outfield fence and was removed from the game from the Cubs' training staff.
- The Cubs were still answering questions about their dust up in two bench clearings in their last series against the Washington Nationals. Manager Dale Sveum, who was ejected in the game seemed to disagree with the involvement of Cubs' bench coach Jamie Quirk, who instigated the incident with Nationals' third base coach Bo Porter after Porter called for the Nationals to steal two bases with a five run lead. "You have to talk to Jamie about that," Sveum said
- Bulls' point guard Derrick Rose has gotten into the pizza business. Rose became an equity partner with the Giordano's pizza franchise. Giordano's owns 43 locations, only three of which outside of Illinois, and is looking to branch out to other areas around the country. Rose will help market the brand around the country with expected ad campaigns and endorsements.
Follow me on Twitter @MarcDykton
"Like" Chicago Sports Addict on Facebook