What happens when a medical emergency occurs at a wedding? It’s not a nice topic but it’s an important one. Big City Bride has called 911 more than a few times this Chicago wedding season so we feel it’s important to discuss. As Chicago wedding planners we are there to run the day, solve problems, and support the bride, groom, and their guests so that everyone can have a wonderful time. If you don’t have a Chicago wedding planner to manage unforeseen emergencies then read on for a few wedding tips from Big City Bride on how to stay calm and do what’s best in an event emergency:
- Odds are there is a doctor in attendance who might be able to help the initially. If you don’t know, often times parents of the bride and groom or the bridal party will have a good idea of who is in attendance.
- No need to tell all guests, but the important people in attendance (bride and groom) deserve to know.
- It’s okay for the Chicago band or DJ to continue playing. It’s more uncomfortable for the collapsed guest if everyone surrounds them so keep the party going.
- If possible move the guest to a more private area.
- Call 911 even if the guest doesn't need to go to the hospital, it's best to have the ambulance come for an evaluation outside.
Filed under: Uncategorized