Available now!Golden Angels: Lessons in Love and Loss from Buddy Girl and Daisy May
Braver Endeavor Press/February 2013
$9.99 / Kindle
MEDIA INQUIRIES CONTACT:
Golden Angels: Lessons in Love and Loss from Buddy Girl and Daisy May
13 inspirational essays. 13 delicious recipes.
“More than a tribute to a beloved golden retriever, Weaver's chronicle is a study of relationships-- the author's with her husband, with her animals, with her neighbors, and most importantly, with herself. Anyone who has loved anyone will find joy, empathy, and hope in her account of her life with Buddy.”
Essays include Mindfulness, Joy, Release, and Play
Recipes include juicer pulp dog biscuits, peanut butter kiss cookies, and Daisy cupcakes. All recipes are gluten-free and plant-based.
“A lovely, warm, touching tribute to love and loss and dogs. This book celebrates our human capacity to love as well as our ability to survive the most painful grieving process. The delightful recipes provide just the right kind of nurturing we might need along the way.”
Dr. Susan M. Turner
“As a veterinarian I have experienced with people countless times the grief of losing a beloved pet. The story of Buddy Girl puts this grief into real, tangible language that will be understood and appreciated by all who have gone through such a devastating loss. The recipes add a unique twist, and to see the circle completed at the end of the book gives hope to anyone who reads it. A valuable resource for anyone who has lost a beloved animal companion.”
Suzi Fincham-Gray, DVM
About the author:
Stephanie Weaver is an experience consultant, TEDx speaker coach, recipe developer, and food photographer. She finds inspiration and delight as an occasional yogi, community gardener, and puppy wrangler. She lives in San Diego with her husband Bob and their golden retriever, Daisy. Her first book, Creating Great Visitor Experiences, is in its 6th printing.
Find her on the web as her alter ego, The Recipe Renovator, creating ridiculously yummy, gluten-free recipes from plants.
TO REQUEST A REVIEW COPY OF THE BOOK, RECEIVE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW WITH THE AUTHOR CONTACT:
619-365-5065 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Peanut butter kiss cookies
Makes 2 dozen
1 C. (110 g) sifted gluten-free flour mix 1/2 t. (1 g) baking soda
1/2 t. (1 g) baking powder
1/2 t. (1 g) salt
1/4 C. (60 g) vegan margarine
1/4 C. (60 g) natural peanut butter or sunflower seed butter
1/2 C. (80 g) granulated maple, coconut, or organic cane sugar
1 t. (5 ml) vanilla
1 T. (5 g) flaxseed meal plus 2 T. (30 ml) filtered water—or 1 egg 24 semi-sweet fair trade chocolate morsels or peanut butter cups
- Preheat oven to 375F/170C/gas mark 5. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- Put the flaxseed meal in a deep mixing bowl (or stand mixer bowl) with the water. Let stand five minutes. Cream the margarine, nut butter, sugar, and vanilla together with the flax meal.
- Add the flour mixture; mix well. Chill in the freezer for 30-45 minutes until very firm.
- Take a level tablespoon of dough and roll between your palms into a round ball. Roll lightly in more of your granulated sugar. Place on the prepared cookie sheets, then flatten with your hand. Bake in preheated oven 8 minutes, rotating the pans at 4 minutes so the cookies bake evenly.
- While the cookies are baking, unwrap your chocolates.
- Pull out the warm cookies and press one chocolate into the center of each cookie. Return to the oven and bake 3-4 minutes more.
- Cool on wire racks. Store in metal cookie tins for best results.This recipe may be reproduced with the following credit; photo available upon request:
Recipe from Golden Angels: Lessons in Love and Loss from Buddy Girl and Daisy May by Stephanie Weaver
Braver Endeavor Press; February 2013; Kindle/$9.99
Filed under: Uncategorized