Happy New Year! I try to make simple resolutions every year that I can stick to, which isn't always easy. I thought I would help the process for those of you that haven't settled on your resolutions by offering some simple ones that are easy to commit to, all while helping the planet!
Easy Green New Year's Resolutions & January Green Scene Calendar
EASY, GREEN NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS
1) Vow to use less in 2011. From turning off your lights to save energy to deciding to using more reusable items instead of disposables, we can all benefit from using & consuming less. Save money too!
2) Make the switch to reusable bags for all of your purchases. Keep 'em in your car, keep a Chico bag in your purse or pocket...whatever makes it easiest to resist needing a bag for every item you purchase, ESPECIALLY when they are plastic bags!
3) Kick the bottled water habit. Carry a reusable bottle with you or keep one at the office. Take a minute and watch "The Story of Bottled Water" to see what you are really drinking at what cost, both to you and the planet!
4) If you haven't already begun recycling, make 2011 your year. Many towns offer easy recycling options and drop-off centers. This is one of the easiest things you can do to keep waste out of landfills and increase the life cycle of millions of items used every day.
5) Make a commitment to learn & support eco-friendly events, businesses and products in your area. There are numerous resources available to learn about people and events in your community that are making a difference and offer easy ways to buy local while supporting people in your community.
We offer our Green Scene Calendar every month to make it easy to find eco-focused events around Chicago. Here's the January Green Scene Calendar - January Green Scene Calendar.pdf