I am thrilled to be a part of a great event this Sunday (5/16), The Living Green in Lincoln Park Residents Forum. It is from 1:30pm until 3:30pm at The Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum (2430 N. Cannon Dr.).
This event is free for all Lincoln Park residents, there will also
complimentary snacks and beverages provided by Limelight Catering as well
as some great raffle prizes (no cost to enter!). The event was planned
and organized by Ken Labok of Children's Memorial Hospital, and I was
happy to help & participate in this effort to spread the green word
The goal of The Living Green in Lincoln Park Forum is to help residents learn tips on how to live more sustainably, locate new resources for living green and learn a thing or two from some local professionals in the green world. There will be a pre-networking session with local Chicago businesses followed by a Q & A session with the following experts:
- Lisa Elkins of 2 Point Perspective, learn how to build and remodel green
- Cecelia Ungari of The Green Mama (and fellow ChicagoNow blogger) - how to detoxify your home
- Andrew Clauson of Lakestreet Landscape Supply - how to be an urban gardener
- Corbett Lunsford of Green Dream Group - how an energy audit will save you money
There following local organizations and green businesses will also be at this event showcasing their products and services:
- Bin Donated - Residential & commercial pick-up service that collects and provides donated items to existing charities at no cost. Bring your old cell phone so that Bin Donated can recycle or donate them; all proceeds from the recycling of these cell phones will go towards local charities.
- Children's Memorial Hospital - The top provider for pediatric specialty care, Children's is dedicated to the health and well-being of all children. They are currently building a new LEED certified facility on the Northwestern Medical Campus in Chicago called the Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago.
- Blissful Seed - Organic apparel company. All clothing items are made with 100% organic cotton, low-impact dyes and eco-friendly inks.
- ZipCar - Wheels when you want 'em! Zipcar offers car sharing by the hour or day and they even pay for gas AND insurance.
- Digital Hub Printing - Your local source for sustainable printing! Digital Hub uses only the most eco-friendly inks, paper and pressroom chemistry.
- Ecominders - The removable, reusable, never forget to help save the planet stickers! Printed locally & sustainably in Chicago (by Digital Hub), Ecominders are available in 3 product lines - Home, Office and Kids & Schools. All proceeds from the purchase of Ecominders at The Living Green in Lincoln Park Forum will go directly to Children's Memorial Hospital.
- No Foam Chicago - Help get Styrofoam banned in Chicago - over 100 cities already have! Styrofoam is terrible for the environment, never biodegrades and leaches nasty chemicals into food.
If you have any questions feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tags: 2 Point Perspective, Bin Donated, Blissful Seed, Chicago Green Girl, Children's Memorial Hospital, Digital Hub Chicago, Ecominders, Green Dream, Lake Street Landscape Supply, Living Green in Lincoln Park Forum, No Foam Chicago, Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum, The Green Mama, ZipCar