Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow – only if you’re at home and don’t need to drive! The weekend is coming in like a lion that is for sure. To cure your white winter blues, some great events on tap from Table 52 to a bunch of Super Bowl, Chinese New Year AND Valentine’s Day! If anyone is looking to propose – Texas de Brazil has a contest – check it out in the Valentine’s contest.
Have a safe and fun weekend…Valentine’s Day and Super Bowl Options near the end!
Coco Pazzo is turning 20
Coco Pazzo’s 20th year in the River North neighborhood of Chicago. Did you know that they were the first Chicago restaurant to focus on “Tuscan” Italian? There are a number of events scheduled to celebrate their big 20th anniversary. And here are just a few:
- January 23-27 is Italian Wine Week. Everyday during lunch, wine stewards will come to your table (if you want to participate) and offer samples of 6 different Italian Wines from the Coco Pazzo wine list at no cost. And during lunch and dinner, ALL wines on Coco Pazzo's award winning wine list will be 20% off. Wine Director Tamra Weiss and Chef Partner Chris Macchia have teamed up with special wine pairings for the seasonal menu as well as specials.
- Coco Pazzo’s 20th Anniversary Gala Benefit February 2nd. This will be a special celebratory evening at Coco Pazzo. Guests will be entertained by the Lyric Opera of Chicago's Ryan Opera Center while they enjoy an array of Tuscan dishes prepared by Jean Banchet award nominees, Chef Partner Chris Macchia and desserts by Pastry Chef Stephanie Mazzone. And of course, there will be a lot of Italian wine flowing. Tickets are $125 per person and Owner, Weiss will be donating a portion of the proceeds to the Ryan Opera Center, a not-for profit developmental artists program for the Lyric Opera of Chicago.
- Coco Pazzo Extra Virgin Olive Oil and Balsamic Vinegar. To commemorate the anniversary, Coco Pazzo is launching their own line of custom produced extra virgin olive oil from Tuscany and balsamic vinegar from the Emilia Romagna region of Italy in January. The olive oil is a blend of moraiolio, leccino and frantoio olives. The balsamic vinegar is made from a blend of trebbiano and lambrusco grapes, and is aged about 6 years. Both items will be available at Coco Pazzo and Coco Pazzo Café as wee as on the website.
Table 52 (52 W Elm St) is hosting Bourbon and Beyond Event on next Wednesday, January 25th. You'll get to be sample about twenty different bourbons and whiskies from 6:00-8:00 PM, including St. George "Breaking and Entering," Willett Pot Still and Hudson whiskey, as well as offer signature bourbon based cocktails, and an awesome array of throwback-inspired hors d'oeuvres, including scotched quail eggs, scallop-wrapped bacon and deep-fried pecan pie. Reservations are required, and it's $45.00 inclusive. Reservations can be made by calling, (312) 573-4000.
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar (960 Milwaukee Ave., Lincolnshire, IL; 847-793-0333 is hosting a Qupé Winery Wine Dinner 6:30 p.m., Saturday, January 28. Qupé winemaker Bob Lindquist, one of the most respected producers on California's Central Coast and one the 50 most influential winemakers, as ranked by Food & Wine magazine, will be present to speak about the wines. The dinner is $89 per person, excluding tax and gratuity and includes five wine pairings with four delicious courses and dessert. Reservations for the Qupé Winery Wine Dinner at Fleming's are required.
Gaslight introduces 3 new Mac n Cheeses with wine and beer pairings. Mac & Cheese Flight with Wine pairings - $17, Beer pairings - $13 or Both wine and beer pairings - $22. Gaslight is located at 2426 N Racine in Chicago (one block north of Fullerton).
- Gaslight Smoked Cheddar Macaroni and Cheese - Rich and creamy Wisconsin Smoked Cheddar cheese with spicy smoked andouille sausage and organic scallions. Pairings - Wine: Running with the Bull Tempranillo or Beer: Shmaltz HE’BREW.
- Harvest Macaroni and Cheese - Grannysmith apples pan roasted with caramelized onions, baked in a slightly sweet and creamy Brie Cheese sauce. Topped with a black peppercorn crumb topping. Pairings - Wine: A to Z Pinot Gris or Beer: Centennial IPA
- Black Forest Macaroni and Cheese - Thick cut Black Forrest Ham tossed in Gruyere Cheese, finished with oven roasted Rye Bread crumbs. Pairings - Wine: Charles Smith Boom Boom Syrah or Beer: Flying Dog In Heat Wheat
Chef Patricio Sandoval of Mercadito (108 W. Kinzie St) creates a culinary journey for guests to explore everything from the indigenous cuisine of the convents of Puebla to the traditions of Día de los Muertos in Oaxaca with his line-up of three interactive and entertaining culinary experiences to be hosted atDouble A, located beneath Mercadito throughout 2012.The season kicks off with the Mexican Comfort Food Tequila Dinner on Tuesday, January 24 at 6:30 p.m.The cost of this dining experience is $55 per guest and begins at 6:30 p.m., exclusive of tax and gratuity. Reservations are required and may be made by calling 312.329.9555
Lunch at the Art Institute
In honor of the Art Institute of Chicago’s Free Winter Weekdays, Terzo Piano is offering a two-course prix-fixe lunch for $18 (the same price of museum admission) on weekdays through Feb. 10. Diners can select an appetizer and entrée or entrée and dessert. Terzo Piano is also offering a special group discount available to parties two or more now through March 31, 2012. Guests may print out the group coupon from the restaurant’s homepage (http://terzopianochicago.com) to redeem the following:
- • Groups of two to four receive $50 worth of food and beverages for $35 • Groups of five to eight receive $100 worth of food and beverages for $75 • Groups of eight or more receive $200 worth of food and beverages for $150 • Value cannot be applied to tax and gratuity. Must have coupon available and only one per party may be used.
Eat in the Lab
On Saturday, January 28 at 6pm Chicago Foodies (www.chicagofoodies.com) will host the first event in its Unique Dinner Series at The Lab at Moto (945 W Fulton Market), Chicago’s “molecular tasting room” known for its innovative, thought-provoking cuisine. The engagement is limited to 24 diners and tickets cost $225 per person. For reservations email your request to: RSVP@chicagofoodies.com.
Butcher Classes Anyone?
Chef Allen Sternweiler encourages Chicagoans to embrace their inner chef and fulfill their New Year's resolution to "learn something new" by announcing Butcher & the Burger's first butchery classes of 2012. Butcher & the Burger'searly 2012 class schedule, with each event beginning at 7:30 p.m., is as follows: Throughout the month of February, Butcher & the Burger will offer a series of Surf & Turf classes, which include: On February 6, as a pre-Valentine's Day "how to" guide, Chef Al will showcase techniques for buying, preparing and cooking the ultimate beef tenderloin and lobster pairing dinner. ($125 per person
- As a special exception to the Monday night class schedule, the restaurant will welcome couples to attend a Valentine's Day class on Tuesday, February 14, when they will get hands-on with cuts of tenderloin and live Maine lobster inside Chef Al's prep kitchen, following his expert instructions. This class will begin with complimentary Champagne and chocolates and end with a romantic meal showcasing the evening's work inside the Butcher & the Burger dining room. ($225 per couple)
- Celebrity Chef Govind Armstrong will join Chef Al for the final installment of the restaurant's Surf & Turf series on February 20, presenting an innovative approach to pairing unique seafoods with rare animal proteins. The duo will educate and demonstrate methods of matching proteins and serve attendees a three-course meal illustrating their teachings. All guests who attend this class will depart with a vintage Butcher & the Burger cooler, packed with ingredients showcased throughout the evening so they can test their newfound skills at home. ($225 per person)
- As a continuation of the spirited holiday, Chef Al will lead a Mardi Gras Fish Monger Class on March 5, designed to help students learn how to select, prepare and cook various preparations of fish confidently in their kitchens, understand sustainable fishing practices, and identify which fish is the best nutritional fit for their families. Chef Al will teach the group how to make his blackened catfish and invite them to taste several fish preparations at the end of the evening. ($100 per student)
- Advanced registration is required and can be made by calling General Manager Preston Owen directly at (773) 697-3735. Space is limited. All classes are BYOB, and confirmed attendees will receive pairing suggestions in advance. For more information or to view the complete schedule online, visit www.butcherandtheburger.com. Details on future classes are forthcoming, and all new class offerings will be posted to the restaurant's website at least two months in advance. Private (two-person maximum) and semi-private (six-person maximum) classes are also available upon request, based on availability.
Want to kill your New Year’s diet resolution already? Here are a few ideas! As the new year begins, gyms become packed to the brim and fad-diets become ubiquitous, I was thinking it might be a fun twist to tell your readers about alternatives and ways to break resolutions. The luxurious garlic bread at Michael Jordan’s Steak House is piled high and served tableside with Wisconsin Ader-Kase blue cheese fondue. Their fried chicken is served over fluffy waffles with bourbon pecan butter and black pepper maple syrup. Over at Hoyt’s Modern American Tavern at Hotel 71, they are also offering some dishes not too conducive to those pesky New Year’s resolutions. Deep Fried Deviled eggs served with Tabasco, are sure to satiate the palate, if not the Macaroni and Cheese complete with crispy onions, Wisconsin cheese truffle sauce, and prosciutto picante served over cavatappi pasta is sure to quench any craving caused by a New Year’s crash diet.
Wine Dinner at MJs
On Tuesday, January 31st, ENO, the vibrant wine bar located inside the InterContinental Chicago, and Michael Jordan Steak House, which recently opened to critical acclaim inside the historic property, will host a special wine pairing dinner. Guests will enjoy an array of exceptionally prepared dishes; each featuring hand selected Acorn Wine to perfectly complement their meal. Acorn Winery, located in Sonoma County, is an artisanal winery specializing in producing sustainably-farmed, field-blend wines. Winemakers and winery owners Bill and Betsy Nachbauer will also be present throughout the night to speak on the various wines and pairings. The dinner will begin at 7:30 p.m. with appetizers at ENO and will continue with a 3 course tasting at Michael Jordan Steak House, concluding with dessert back at ENO. The intimate dinner is limited to 20 guests and is priced at $125/per attendee. For more information about the dinner, please contact Vina Moore at 312-321-8846 or email@example.com.
Markethouse Heartland Cooking Series
Chef Scott Walton of Markethouse Restaurant and Bar (611 N Fairbanks) will launch a new Heartland 101 Chef Series in the new year. Offered twice a month on Wednesday evenings from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m., guests will enjoy an informative evening with demonstrations of five themed courses by Chef Scott. Held in the restaurant, each class is $45 per person and limited to 40 guests. Reservations, along with a credit card to reserve the seat, are required and may be made by calling 312.224.2200. Following is the Heartland 101 Chef Series schedule:
- Wednesday, January 25: House-made Sausage. Chef Scott has been busy in the kitchen making house-made sausage like his lamb merguez and Andouille. Learn how in five-courses
- Wednesday, February 8: Savory Chocolate. Just in time for Valentine’s Day, experience chocolate like never before! Chef Scott will demo five-courses of chocolate as a component in savory dishes
- Wednesday, February 22: Pork. Take this basic dinner staple to the next level as Chef Scott demos five pig-focused courses, along with specific cooking techniques
- Wednesday, March 14: St. Patrick’s Day. Get in the Irish spirit with Chef Scott’s unique variation on corned beef and potatoes. Green cocktails included.
- Wednesday, March 28: Spring Lamb. Impress your Easter brunch guests with Chef Walton’s take on lamb. Master cooking techniques and Easter sides using local ingredients
Mexican Pop up Dinner at Lillie’s Q
Lillie’s Q, where chef/owner Charlie McKenna serves award-winning competition BBQ along with Southern favorites and sides in Bucktown (1856 W North Ave), will turn over the kitchen to sous chef Jose Landa for a six-course Mexican dinner pop-up dinner where Landa will cook his favorite childhood dishes on Tuesday, January 24. The six-course (including an intermezzo) Mexican Pop-Up Tribute Dinner costs $45 per person. The optional and additionally priced beverage pairings cost $20 per person. There will be six different seating’s for the Mexican Pop-Up Tribute Dinner at Lillie’s Q on Tuesday, January 24 (6pm, 6:30pm, 7pm, 8:30pm, 9pm, 9:30pm). There are 18 seats available for each seating. Tickets must be purchased online at http://lilliesqmexicanpopup.eventbrite.com. Patrons can select which seating they would like and also purchase the separate alcoholic beverage pairing on the EventBrite site. Ticket sales end at noon on Friday, January 20.
Chinese New Year Option
Chinese New Year is considered to be one of the most important holidays for Chinese families as everyone gathers together to celebrate centuries of myths and traditions. PL8 Simply Asian Restaurant in Barrington honors this significant holiday with symbolic menu specials, food and wine tasting, lucky surprises and festive decorations bringing good luck to all for the New Year. The special menu will be offered Thursday, January 19 through Sunday, January 22. PL8 is located at 736 West Northwest Highway, Barrington, IL 60010, pl8simplyasian.com.
50% Off All Wines at mk The Restaurant in January!
It's time to step out of the cold and into mk The Restaurant this January because all wines are 50% off! Whether it's a world class Cabernet or aged Bordeaux, mk has a tasty wine for you! Let mk's sommelier Robby Nagelberg guide you through the hundreds of choices guaranteed to satisfy everyone's taste. mk opens after the holidays Thursday, January 5th. This offer is available Sunday- Thursday and is not valid with other promotional offers or gift certificates. A limited selection of cellar treasures will likely go quickly!
Top Chef Master vs Top Chef
Watch what happens live when Spiaggia’s Chef/Partner Tony Mantuano and Executive Chef Sarah Grueneberg host a “Top Chef Masters” vs. “Top Chef” cooking class on Saturday, Jan. 21. The two cheftestants will meet face-to-face in a quickfire challenge teaching guests how to make some of the dishes they created on the shows. Guests will witness Chef Tony and Chef Sarah’s sharp cooking skills while enjoying food and wine pairings. Spiaggia, 980 North Michigan Avenue, Third Floor, Chicago, IL. Cost is $125 per person (includes all food, wine, tax and service charge). Guests may call 312.280.2750 for reservations.
Barrio Celebrates Its One Year Anniversary with a ‘Fight Hunger’ Menu – Jan 16 through Jan 23, 2012
Barrio Urban Taqueria honors its one-year anniversary by helping to support the fight against hunger. Guests are invited to take part in this week-long event by ordering from Barrio’s ‘Fight Hunger’ menu available January 16 through January 23. Sample Chef Martin A portion of the proceeds from the ‘Fight Hunger’ menu will benefit the Greater Chicago Food Depository.
$1 Food and Drink Specials, Tequila Tasting and Live Music – January 24, 2012 Guests are invited to continue with the one-year Anniversary celebration on Tuesday, January 24 with everything “one” for both lunch and dinner. Sample Barrio’s signature tacos such as carnitas, chicken verde and adobo shrimp for just $1! Barrio will shake things up with $1 house margaritas or enjoy Tecate cans, for just $1 as well. The Anniversary event will continue with a complimentary tequila tasting from 6PM-8PM with “Triple Gold Status” winner, Oro Azul. Representative, Shawn Gentile, will be on-hand to chat with guests about the varieties of Oro Azul and its history. No celebration would be complete without live music beginning at 7PM. Barrio Urban Taqueria, 714 W. Diversey Pkwy, Chicago, IL 60614
Architecture and Food Combine
Next month, Roka Akor, in partnership with the Chicago Architecture Foundation, invites steak, sushi and architecture enthusiasts alike to an exclusive lunch experience celebrating the venue's masterfully designed construction. On Sunday, February 26 at 1 p.m., guests will be welcomed into Roka Akor's contemporary dining room, which was designed with careful consideration of the aesthetic flavors of the restaurant. Once diners are seated, Dwayne MacEwen, president and creative director of DMAC Architecture and Roka Akor's Executive Chef Ce Bian, will lead an engaging discussion about the collaborative effort that went into creating Roka Akor's dining room as well as the Sake and Shochu Lounge. After their presentation, the hosts will join the group for a prix fixe lunch menu. Lunch will be served with soda, tea and a signature non-alcoholic beverage.
Immediately following lunch, guests will be taken on a tour of the restaurant, during which MacEwen will point out the custom crafted details that define Roka Akor's unique setting. The "Appetite for Design" lunch costs $55 for CAF members and $65 for non-members, exclusive of tax and gratuity. Space is limited to 50 attendees and advance reservations are required by visiting http://www.architecture.org/page.aspx?pid=2919.
Super Bowl Grub
Is there a more perfect combination than football and grilled meat? Texas de Brazil allows sports fans to enjoy both, without having to miss any of the action tending to a grill. This year for Super Bowl Sunday, Chicago’s premier Brazilian steakhouse will offer take-out of its tasty, open flame-grilled meats and Brazilian fare, available by the pound to satisfy the most ravenous of fans. Special catering packages for larger parties are also available. For a full listing take-out items please click here and to place an order, call 312.670.1006.
Score a touchdown with your friends and family during the Big Game on Sunday, February 5 with free bowling at Pinstripes! Each bowling lane has flat screen tvs perfect for rooting on your favorite teams. Guests can feast on specialties from the Bistro. Plus, kids 12 and under eat for free from the kid’s menu during the Big Game and can choose from Mini Burgers, Cheese Panini, Pizza and more!
Pinstripes Northbrook - 1150 Willow Road, Northbrook, IL 60062 - 847-480-2323
Pinstripes South Barrington - 100 West Higgins Road, South Barrington, IL 60010 - 847-844-9300
Bowling is free (valued at $7 per person). Rental shoes are $4 per person.
Chipotle is offering 50% off in participating locations on Burrito Boxes (6 or more). Give a call ahead and enjoy a lunch the size of a football – kids football.
Valentine’s Day Thoughts
Love is literally in the air, thanks to the aerial wine artists at Texas de Brazil this Valentine’s Day. Chicago’s premier Brazilian steakhouse celebrates the day of love with dinner and a show. As a sweet treat, Texas de Brazil will partner with one lucky lover boy to make his date’s wishes come true. Prior to Valentine’s Day, Texas de Brazil will run a contest, calling all those who are love-struck to enter to win an over-the-top proposal. The winner will be assisted by the restaurant’s aerial wine artists in executing an over-the-top marriage proposal. E-mail entries will be accepted until February 7 firstname.lastname@example.org should explain why the entrant deserves a high-flying proposal.
For all diners, the restaurant will offer its indulgent menu featuring a gourmet salad area containing more than 60 items, a fresh sushi bar, and full meat service cooked in the traditional Brazilian “Churrascaria” style ($46.99 per person). Reservations are recommended and can be made by calling 312.670.1006.
Since everyone should spend Valentine's Day eating food they truly love, Custom House Tavern is encouraging diners to skip the standard prix fixe holiday menus and instead create their own Custom-Made Tasting Menu. For $55, guests can choose their own four-course tasting menu, selecting each course from house favorites and special seasonal offerings from Executive Chef Perry Hendrix and Chef de Cuisine Zach Millican's a la carte menu.
The Custom-Made Tasting Menu to celebrate Valentine's Day will be available from Saturday, February 11 through Tuesday, February 14. The regular a la carte menu will also be available (some a la carte menu items may not be available for the tasting menu). Reservations are highly recommended. Please call (312) 523-0200.
At Mercadito (108 W. Kinzie St) and Double A, the intimate lounge located below the River North hotspot, guests will be able to mix and mingle or spice up their love life this Valentine’s Day with the five-course sharing menu or the intimate cooking demonstration hosted by Chef Patricio Sandoval. Reservations are required and may be made by calling 312.329.9555.
- Single and Ready to Mingle:Those who’ve sworn off the holiday of love can still party with friends and enjoy the five-course sharing menu of guacamoles, botanas, ceviches and desserts on Tuesday, February 14 at both Mercadito and Double A. For the bachelors eyeing a group of single gals, just ask your server and Mercadito will send a special admirer note with a tray of shots to future Valentines from across the dining room.$55 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
- Spice up your Love Life:Couples can join the party on Valentine’s Day or celebrate a day early with Chef Patricio’s decadent four-course Valentine’s Day menu with paired cocktails. Learn how to prepare the following menu of his romance-inspired recipes. The Valentine’s Day Cooking Demo will take place on Monday, February 13 at 7 p.m.$75 per person, exclusive of tax and gratuity.
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar will celebrate the passion this year with three evenings of luxe specials and a unique Valentine gift for couples dining on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, February 12th through the 14th. To give guests another reason to celebrate, Fleming's is offering each couple dining February 12th through February 14th a complimentary $25 Fleming's Dining Card to use toward a future rendezvous with their sweetheart. Reservations advised and may be made by visiting www.FlemingsSteakhouse.com. The Valentine's menu is available at two Chicago-area Fleming's locations, 25 E. Ohio St., Chicago, 312/329-9463 and Lincolnshire, 960 Milwaukee Ave., Lincolnshire, 847/793-0333.
This Valentine's Day, The Florentine (151 W. Adams) invites hopeless romantics to savor flavorful fare while cozying up in a lush dining room for a gastronomical celebration of amore. From Saturday, February 11 through Tuesday, February 14, Executive Chef Todd Stein will present his seasonal a la carte menu - featuring favorites such as Bucatini Carbonara with pancetta, cracked pepper, pecorino and duck egg ($14 half order, $26 full order), Crispy Duck with Tuscan kale, roasted carrots, pistachios and cerignola olives ($32) and Chicken with romesco, grilled green onion, and crispy potato ($26). Reservations for Valentine's Day are highly recommended and can be made by calling (312) 660-8866 or by visiting the restaurant's website.
Sofitel Chicago Water Tower(20 E. Chestnut St.) and its restaurant Café des Architectes invite guests to partake in a romantic excursion that caters to all of the senses.
- Magnifique Romance - In this room package, guests will enjoy luxurious overnight accommodations with a romantic gift of chocolate or flowers upon arrival. Guests will also receive a bottle of champagne delivered to their room at any time they choose. Daily in-room breakfast and a late checkout time until 4:00 p.m. allows couples to relax at their leisure. Rates for the package start at $245 a night for double occupancy. For more information or to book the Magnifique Romancepackage, please call (312) 324-4000.
- Magnifique Degustation - For gourmands, Chef Greg Biggers and Pastry Chef Patrick Fahy have created a Magnifique Degustation menu at Café des Architectes. This four-course prix fixe is $79 per person (exclusive of tax and gratuity) and is available Tuesday, February 14 in addition to the regular dinner menu. For those looking to celebrate February 11-13, a number of à la carte Valentine’s specials will be available in addition to the regular dinner menu. For more information or to make a reservation at Café des Architectes, please call (312) 324-4063.
Rebar - Trump From Thursday, February 9 through Tuesday, February 14, couples looking to spice up their romance can enjoy a uniquely themed sushi and cocktail package at Rebar, Trump Hotel’s chic mezzanine-level lounge that offers intimate seating and picture-perfect views of the Chicago River and Michigan Avenue. In addition to its signature menu, the lounge will also present a "Two of Hearts" special Valentine's Day weekend package that offers unique ingredients for a sweet celebration with a touch of aphrodisiac-fueled heat. Guests who purchase the package will receive one Two Hearts Tartare roll. The roll will be served alongside a special Sweetie Spice cocktail. The "Two of Hearts" package costs $45 per couple inclusive of tax (includes one Two Hearts Tartare roll and one Sweetie Spice cocktail). The special Valentine's Day themed offerings can also be purchased a la carte, with offerings priced at $30 for the Two Hearts Tartare roll and $17 for the Sweetie Spice cocktail. Rebar is open on Valentine's Day from 4 p.m. to midnight. For more information or to make reservations, please call (312) 588-8034.
Geja’s for Valentine’s Day – DUH!Geja’s Café, 340 W. Armitage, is planning the most romantic Valentine’s Day celebration in its 46 year history. For eleven days, from Sunday, February 5th through Monday, February 15th, the renowned “Restaurant of Romance” will be elegantly decorated and feature sparkling champagne, “Love Note Wednesday,” live flamenco and classical guitarists, photo keepsakes, and delicious sizzling hot fondue cuisine.
- Double Anniversary Discount on Monday, February 6th - One of Geja’s most popular specials each year! With proof of total years married, couples will receive a double discount on their food purchases. For example, couples wed 15 years will receive a 30% food discount. Not valid with any other discounts or promotions.
- Love Note Wednesday on February 8th - On Wednesday, all guests are encouraged to bring in a copy of their most meaningful love note that was written to their significant other at some point in the relationship. Each love note will be collected, read, and should contain the appropriate contact information. The writer of the most romantic and heartwarming love letter will win dinner for two, once a year for the number of years the note is old (limit $150 per visit). The writer of the second most tender love note, will win a dinner for two (limit $150), and the third most touching love letter will receive a $75 gift certificate. All other participants will be e-mailed a $25 gift certificate. Winners will be contacted on Valentine’s Day, Monday, February 14th, with the good news. The very best love story is your own, so why not reminisce about it in Geja’s romantic atmosphere.
Special Valentine’s Dinner Packages Tuesday, February 14th - 5:00-7:00 $105 per person, 7:30-9:30 $105 per person, 10:00- $105 per person All package prices include tax and gratuity. Reservations for the Valentine’s Dinner Package begin Sunday, January 15 at 9:00 am. Geja’s highly recommends romancers show up in person by 9am or to call early to ensure a reservation. Geja's will provide a complimentary lavish Valentine’s continental breakfast for all who show up in person. A credit card payment at the time of reservation is required. Geja’s regular reservation policies and menu will be in place for the remainder of the Valentine’s week. Hours for Geja’s Café are Monday through Thursday, 5 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.; Friday, 5 p.m. to 11p.m.; Saturday, 5 p.m. to 11:30; Sunday, 4:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. Valet parking is available. For information on the Valentine’s celebration, please call 773.281.9101, or visit Geja’s on-line at www.gejascafe.com.
Logan Square Kitchen presents its 3rd Annual Valentine’s Day Pastry Market—a delicious event that gives attendees a taste of some the best sustainable, small-batch, pastry, cake, ice cream, handmade confections and culinary gift items available in Chicago. Logan Square Kitchen is committed to showcasing the best and newest local, small-batch food artisans in the area—and this unique event is no different! Many of the artisans found here are not widely available outside the LSK and local Markets. Admission is $1 for adults, kids are free. Saturday, February 11 and Sunday, February 12, 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. Logan Square Kitchen, 2333 N. Milwaukee Avenue, Chicago, IL 60647, 773-342-2333
Joe Campagna is the Chicago Food Snob. A former restaurant General Manager, Server and Chef you can find him on twitter @chifoodsnob. You can reach him through email at email@example.com. Joe also contributes to Eater.com Chicago.