This year's 10th annual Bon Appétit Chicago Gourmet--yes it's been 10 years--is going to be bigger and better than ever.
And it's almost here.
Related events kick off Tuesday, September 19, with Cocktails on The Crown (Tribune Tower) with the big event Chicago Gourmet taking place Saturday, September 23 and Sunday, September 24 in Millennium Park.
Tickets for some events are sold out including Saturday’s Chicago Gourmet but as of today some tickets are still available for Sunday’s CG as well as other events. Click here to see what’s available and to purchase
Here's what to expect:
I will be tweeting live (@showmechicago) from The Park at Wrigley on the evening of Saturday, September 23--probably about 10 lbs. heavier then I was just a couple days earlier--before committing myself to downing fifteen burgers at Hamburger Hop on Friday night (September 22) and tasting as many gourmet offerings as I can manage during Saturday's daylong foodie extravaganza, Chicago Gourmet at Millennium Park.
The Park at Wrigley event that I am tweeting from on Saturday is one of Bon Appétit Chicago Gourmet's many new events for 2017--part of their 10th year anniversary celebration eXtraordinary chefs – eXtraordinary places.
Ballpark Fare Goes Gourmet at The Park at Wrigley features "haute" ballpark cuisine from fourteen of the country's "haute-est" chefs that have accepted to run with the ball to create "gourmet" ballpark food that will "knock it out of the park.”
Here's the complete line-up for Chicago Gourmet 2017:
- September 19, 6-8 p.m.: Cocktails on The Crown features custom cocktails crafted by Chicago’s premier mixologists in a magical setting on the 25th floor of the Tribune Tower. (Sold Out)
- September 20, 6-9 p.m.: Farm2Table Dinner on The 606 features gourmet food prepared by chef Rick Bayless (Frontera Restaurants) with featured pours by Casa Noble Tequila and pairings with New Zealand’s biodynamic Trinity Hill Winery. (Sold Out)
- September 20, 7-10 p.m.: Daring Design Dinner at the Robie House features a multi-course meal prepared by all-star chefs Matthias Merges (Yusho, A10, Billy Sunday) and Carrie Nahabedian (NAHA, Brindille) along with wines from the Robert Mondavi Reserve collection at the Frank Lloyd Wright Robie House in Hyde Park. (Sold Out)
- September 21, 6-9 p.m.: Italian Feast on the Chicago Riverwalk. (Sold Out)
- September 22, 6-9 pm. Hamburger Hop at the Harris Theater Rooftop – This returning event--always a sellout is celebrating year 10 with a twist. Newcomer chefs will go head-to-head with previous Hamburger Hop winners for an opportunity to be crowned Peoples’ and Judges’ champion. Bon Appétit magazine’s Editor in Chief Adam Rapoport and Deputy Editor Andrew Knowlton will host alongside a panel of celebrity judges. September 23, 7-10 p.m. (Sold Out)
- September 22, 9 p.m.-midnight: Late Night Gourmet at The Underground will immediately follow Hamburger Hop, 6 to 9, with bites, cocktails and DJ beats.
- September 23, noon to 6 pm. Bon Appétit Chicago Gourmet in Millennium Park showcases more than 250 of Chicago’s finest restaurants and chefs, as well as hundreds of renowned vintners, spirit makers, and premium breweries. (Sold Out, on Sat.--some tickets available Sun.)
- September 23 (and 24), 2 to 4, Grand Cru, Harris Theatre.
- Ballpark Food Goes Gourmet at The Park at Wrigley, 7 to 10, offers ballpark food with a twist featuring celebrity chefs including Jimmy Bannos Jr. (The Purple Pig), Paul Kahan (One Off Hospitality), Jeff Mauro (Pork & Mindy’s), Jason Vincent (Giant) along with musical entertainment and beverages. Billy Dec (Rockit Ranch Productions) will emcee.
- September 23, 7:30-10 p.m.: Japanese Dinner Under the Stars on the Pritzker Pavilion Stage ($250/person) features an innovative multi-course Japanese dinner menu created by celebrity chefs. (Sold Out)
- September 23, 11 p.m.-2 a.m.: Sweets & Beats: After Hours Dance Party on the Willis Tower Skydeck with Chef Mindy Segal (Mindy’s HotChocolate).
- September 24, 8:30-10:45 a.m. or 10:00 a.m.-12:15 p.m.: Rise & Shine Gourmet at the Chicago Athletic Association Hotel with yoga, brunch and morning cocktail.
- September 24, noon to 5 pm. Bon Appétit Chicago Gourmet in Millennium Park showcases more than 250 of Chicago’s finest restaurants and chefs, as well as hundreds of renowned vintners, spirit makers, and premium breweries
Subscribe to Chicago Eats by email
If you would like to keep in touch with what's happening in Chicago, like us on Facebook or subscribe to Chicago Eats by email. To subscribe, type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. Our list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.