Once the Halloween season has passed and the oncoming winter sends out early chills in the air, it also means the time is near to celebrate the chilling tales offered by WildClaw Theatre each December. DEATHSCRIBE X, their Tenth Annual International Festival of Horror Radio Plays, will commence on Monday, December 4th, at 8:00pm at Lincoln Hall in Chicago.
The select group of original horror radio plays (out of over 100 submissions!) will be performed live in front of one eager audience. These works come from theatre and horror aficionados all over the world. The final five have been chosen, with one finalist winning the Bloody Axe Award.
The works will be brought to life by Chicago's finest actors, stage directors, a live band, and a fantastic team of sound effects artists offering live foley onstage. A special panel of horror and theatre experts will choose the winner.
The five original horror radio plays chosen to be performed live for DEATHSCRIBE X are:
- BECKON by Scott T. Barsotti. Directed by Charlotte Drover. A sound engineer subjects himself to sonic torture in pursuit of his obsession.
- CAVITIES by Bill Daniel. Directed by Thrisa Hodits. Everyone gets a little anxious about visiting the dentist. Some people have better reasons than others.
- CREATURES OF CIRCUMSTANCE by Travis Williams. Directed by Sara Sevigny. Sue and Mary-Beth have a hole in their basement. Sometimes, things crawl out of it.
- LOANERS by Dan Finnen and Sarah Gise. Directed by Sydney Charles. Terry knew he'd be able to hear things he hadn't heard in years, but the whispers in his new hearing aids are more than just the air-conditioning...
- MONSTRUOS by Jim McDoniel. Directed by Kaiser Ahmed. Father Felipe catches a thief stealing from his church and hears a late-night confession that draws him into a nightmare.
The ticket structure is a little different this year. Lower level seating is $40; lower level standing room only is $30; upper level seating is $35; and balcony standing room only is $25. Be sure to get tickets now if you need a seat! First-come, first-served. 18+.
Celebrate ten thrilling years of terror with WildClaw Theatre on Monday, December 4th! The name “WildClaw” is a direct homage to the late, great Chicago actor, writer, and raconteur, Ray Wild, otherwise known as “The Claw.”
Lincoln Hall is located at 2424 N. Lincoln Avenue, Chicago, IL 60614.
For more information, please visit www.wildclawtheatre.com.
Join WildClaw Theatre on Facebook.
Find The Chicago Creepout on Facebook.