The Massacre 2017 returns to the Patio Theater this Saturday in Chicago. This long-running horror movie marathon presented by Terror in the Aisles offers 24 solid hours of horror genre entertainment. The special celebrity is John D. Hancock (director of Let's Scare Jessica to Death).
As a special tribute to those we lost in the past year, there will be screenings of Creepshow for George A. Romero, Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2 for Tobe Hooper, Aliens for Bill Paxton, and 2,000 Maniacs for Herschell Gordon Lewis.
Doors open at 11:00am. Show begins at noon Saturday, November 11th, running until noon on Sunday, November 12th. Vendors will be set up for most of the show for all your shopping needs! Food vendors, free posters, and a charity auction for Vital Bridges. The Patio Theater is located at 6008 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago, IL 60634.
The Massacre-themed merchandise will be available in the form of mugs, T-shirts, posters, and buttons.
- Noon - THE RED SPECTRE (Silent with live organ by Jay Warren)
- 12:15pm - LA BELLE ET LA BÊTE (Beauty & the Beast, 1946)
- 2:10pm - HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL (In Emergo!)
- 3:45pm - SLEEPAWAY CAMP
- 5:25pm - Short Film block
- 5:50pm - GRAY MATTER (Based on Stephen King's short story)
- 6:40pm - LET'S SCARE JESSICA TO DEATH (Director JOHN D. HANCOCK in person!)
- 8:40pm - CREEPSHOW
- 11:00pm - TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE 2
- 1:00am - ALIENS
- 3:30am - TERROR TRAIN
- 5:20am - DRIVE-IN MASSACRE
- 6:45pm - 2,000 MANIACS
- 8:35am - THE DEVIL RIDES OUT
- 10:20pm - NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD (1990)
The House of Monsters offered this fun treat last year! Both regular and lactose-free milk were available.
- Bloody-Disgusting's World of Death trailer
- The Ball by Count the Clock Productions
- Attack of the Mansplainers by Maggie Ritchie
- The Black Dude Lives by Lomai
- Night of the Martian Girlfriends: A Horror Parody from the Atomic Age by Joe Synakiewicz, Anthony Synakiewicz, & Dominic Podsiadlik
- Friday the 13th Nintendo trailer by Redvolver Studios
- Mutiliation Massacre teaser by Derek Braasch
- I Was a Teenage Gorilla by David “The Rock” Nelson
- PSL by Ryan Jackson
- My Friend Lisa by Bryan Martinez
Tickets are $20 pre-sale and $25 at the door. Updated schedule and tickets can be found HERE. You can also try: Thrift & Thrive (6025 W. Irving Park Rd.), Perkolator Coffee (6032 W. Irving Park Rd.), Laurie's Planet of Sound (4639 N. Lincoln), AlleyCat Comics (5304 N. Clark), Bucket O' Blood Books & Records (3182 N. Elston), and Bric-A-Brac Records (3156 W. Diversey).
Free parking! Look for spots east of the theater on the north side of the street on Irving Park Road, various side streets (check signs), and Gibbons Funeral Home (5917 W. Irving Pk. Rd.) are graciously allowing guests to park in their lot, as well.
Films, Guests, Times are subject to change. No outside food or drinks allowed.
Follow The Massacre event page for updates and photos.