The annual Sci-Fi Spectacular Film Festival returns to Chicago this Saturday, April 29th! The fest runs about 14 hours long, but you may come and go as you like throughout the day. Movie marathons are special treats that give one a strange sense of accomplishment as far as the endurance category is concerned. Since the films chosen by the Terror in the Aisles gang are usually pretty fun, time passes rather quickly at their festivals. There will be a good selection of vendors in the lobby areas at the Patio Theater, concessions, and food served by Taco in a Bag.
The celebrity guest attending the Spectacular is none other than VERNON WELLS (Weird Science, Commando), who starred as menacing, post-apocalyptic punk maniac “Wez,” in The Road Warrior. He will introduce the film, participate in a Q&A, and be available for free photos and autographs in the lobby.
- 11:45am – THE AUTOMATIC MOTORIST (Silent short with live organ accompaniment)
- Noon – SLAUGHTERHOUSE FIVE
- 2:00pm – MOTHRA vs. GODZILLA
- 3:45pm – DARKMAN
- 5:30pm – Short Films and ’50s Trailer Contest
- 6:20pm – ROAD WARRIOR (Q&A with star VERNON WELLS)
- 8:30pm – REPO MAN
- 10:15pm – TOTAL RECALL
- 12:15am – VIDEODROME
Films, guests, and schedule are subject to change.
Also! Enjoy vintage trailers, short films, a charity auction for Vital Bridges (vitalbridges.org), prizes, and the one-minute faux ’50s movie trailer competition is back!
- The Cheerleader Trials by Count the Clock
- The Winter of Crowley by James Fazzaro/JMF Filmworks
- Unspeakable Teens by “falseFeatures”
- Count Calcula by Lowcarbcomedy.com
- The Lazy Werewolf by Derek Braasch and Anthony Cooney
- Ghosts Doing... It by Tim Troemner
- I Was a Teenage Cthulhu by Off-Kilter Films
- Seagulls (Stop It Now) - A Bad Lip Reading of the Empire Strikes Back
- Jordan Descending by David Schmidt
TICKETS are $20 pre-sale and $25 at the door. Tickets are currently being sold online HERE, and at these locations: Bucket O' Blood Books and Records (3182 N. Elston), AlleyCat Comics (5304 N. Clark), Laurie's Planet of Sound (4639 N. Lincoln Ave.), Perkolator Coffee (6032 W. Irving Park Rd.), and Thrift & Thrive (6025 W. Irving Park Rd.).
Located at the Patio Theater, 6008 W. Irving Park Rd., Chicago IL. Free parking! No outside food or drinks.