October is a wonderful time of the year when horror movies are playing everywhere you look and movie theaters bring on the festivals in full force. The Movieside Massacre is back with twenty-four hours of creeping, crawling, blood-dripping horror on the big screen. This year, it will occur at the Patio Theater at 6008 W. Irving Park Road this Saturday, October 12th.
Celebrity guests come in threes this year with director Gary Sherman (Dead and Buried, Raw Meat), star Mark Patton (Nightmare on Elm Street 2), and director Fred Walton (April Fool's Day 1986, When a Stranger Calls 1979, I Saw What You Did)! This will be Fred's first ever Q&A!
As always, the fest runs from noon to noon. Doors open Saturday at 11:00am. The horrorthon eye candy presented by Movieside Films includes feature-length films, shorts, trailers, and another fantastic series of shorts submitted by indie filmmakers for the Roger Corman-inspired fake trailer competition! Numerous prizes, a live charity auction held for Vital Bridges, and vendors selling horror genre merchandise will occur throughout the night. The majority of the screenings will be from glorious 35mm film prints!
Schedule of events:
- 11:30am - Trailer Trash (Vintage horror)
- Noon - Edison's Frankenstein (1910 silent short with live organ!)
- 12:30pm - Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman
- 1:45pm - The Cask of Amontillado (short film)
- 2:00pm - The Tomb of Ligeia (Vincent Price)
- 3:40pm - The Eye Like a Strange Balloon Mounts Toward Infinity (short)
- 3:45pm - Martin (George Romero classic)
- 5:30pm - Dead and Buried (Director Gary Sherman Q&A!)
- 7:30pm - Roger Corman 50's Trailer Competition
- 8:15pm - April Fool's Day (Director Fred Walton Q&A!)
- 10:15pm - Nightmare on Elm Street 2 (Star Mark Patton Q&A! Rare 35mm print.)
- 12:15am - The Gate
- 1:45am - Hellbound: Hellraiser II
- 3:30am - Deep Red (Dario Argento, rare 35mm print.)
- 6:00am - Wild Zero
- 7:45am - Slither
- 9:30am - Fist of Jesus (short film)
- 9:45am - Army of Darkness
Bring your cameras for free picture taking and a few items to get signed for FREE AUTOGRAPHS from the genre celebrities in the lobby! Limited free posters will be available in the lobby, which is also where Gotta B Crepes will be cooking up some goodies! Take advantage of the free parking on surrounding side streets near the Patio Theater.
Here's a neat perk... Your Massacre wristband will grant you a $2 discount at The Catacombs of St. Pascal's haunted house down the street at 6143 Irving Park Road!
Check the TICKET PAGE for the full list of short films being screened! It's madness! Ticket prices are $20 pre-sale and $24 at the door. (Pricing may be subject to change)
Join The Chicago Creepout on Facebook!
Type your email address in the box and click the “create subscription” button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.