The official attendance figures are out for men's college basketball last season across the NCAA's three divisions. Here are the relevant facts and figures for the Chicago schools:
- No Chicago area team finished in the Top 50 nationally in attendance. Though Illinois did finish 10th with 15,851 fans per game.
- DePaul finished 67th nationally in attendance at 7,676 fans per game.
- Creighton and Dayton were the top ranked mid-majors in terms of attendance. The Jays drew 13,507 fans per game and Flyers 12,567. That's pretty impressive. Other mids in the Top 50 included Wichita State and Xavier.
- All 10 schools in the Big Ten besides Northwestern were in the Top 70. Most of them were in the Top 20. (Penn State was #70 at 7,457 per game.)
- Northwestern: 5,291 per game
- UIC: 3,099 per game
- Loyola (IL): 2,428 per game
- Chicago State: 1,179 per game