Well, the Bracket Predictor had such an interesting first run that I went through and made some tweaks and now it's ready for prime time again. There are still some funny data points, but most of it makes a lot of sense.
NIT Bracket from the Bracket Predictor:
- The oddest thing in this bracket actually occurs on the second to last seed line (i.e. Rutgers). The Scarlet Knights are 13-15 overall, 4-12 in the Big East, but sneak onto that seed line over conference members Seton Hall and Providence. And in front of one prominent bubblicious SEC team.
- The weird sorting by conference, where you have a Conference USA dominated 4th bracket and a ACC dominated 1st bracket, isn't intentional. It's just how the seeds worked out. They could obviously be rearranged.
- Northwestern is getting a home game in this scenario. Huh?
- I love the California bracket. That would be one of the most fun NIT brackets ever if it actually existed. A ton of underdog mid-major teams in that one.
- Another name you don't see here? Alabama. Bracket predictor has the Crimson Tide not even in the NIT right now. Other flubs? Duquesne and New Mexico.
- Horizon League fans. I'm trying to figure out where Cleveland State ended up. The Vikings aren't in the bracket at all, but Valparaiso is, and I find that very weird.