It's Bracket Buster Weekend and the games have already started, but the NCAA Tournament and NIT fields are still in flux. With a lot of mid-major games this weekend there is sure to be some shakeups. Honestly, the fields keep getting worse. Teams that were once positioned to easily get NIT bids are trying to throw them away.
NIT Tournament Bracket:
1. Washington State
- The last 4 in were: Harvard, Hofstra, Dayton, California
- I feel really bad for Harvard. The Crimson haven't done anything particularly wrong during Ivy League play, but the only time they have a chance to pick up even a Top 100 win in conference is when they play Princeton. Thus their profile keeps getting worse or staying the same as other teams get some extra good wins.
- The second bracket there with all those power conference teams happened completely by accident. I had no idea where they all were until I put them on the S-Curve and placed them on seed lines.
- The other 8 teams seriously considered were: Wright State, Rider, Portland, UTEP, James Madison, Rhode Island, Milwaukee and Murray State.
- The 2-3 seed lines are really interesting. The two Big Ten schools with about .500 records and tough schedules (PSU, Michigan) were very difficult to seed.