Some random stuff I've been collecting in the old bookmarks file:
- Congratulations to the Daily Herald's Lindsey Wilhite for making this list. He definitely deserves it for all the hard work he does covering DePaul, Northwestern and Illinois.
- More than almost anyone wants to know about Loyola's incoming recruiting class can be found in this piece from The Phoenix. Now that school has started back up, the student newspaper is starting to deliver a lot of content about the Ramblers.
- Somehow Chicago has become relevant again with all the upheaval and it's starting to get some publicity. Of course this article about Jimmy Collins and his disdain for Bruce Pearl sounds a bit like the former UIC coach airing some sour grapes to me.
- Congratulations are in order for Oliver Purnell and DePaul. The Blue Demons got their second local recruit for 2011 when Macari Brooks committed on Wednesday. Brooks wanted to play with his best friend Jamie Crockett, who previously committed to DePaul. Will the signing of two Mac Irvin Fire players be enough to convince Mike Shaw - the real jewel of the team - to come to Chicago as well? Also, it looks like we can put the "Purnell won't be able to recruit Chicago" argument to bed for a while at least.
- Finally, check out some of the Big Ten Preview stuff on The Dagger. (Quotes from Bill Carmody included here. Northwestern reprises its storyline role here.)
In other good news, I'll be covering the Big Ten this season over at Rush the Court. So look for tempo-free looks at the conference on a weekly basis during the season.