Lots of interesting things going on as the real games start on Friday (including three games involving Chicago schools). Links for every school are after the jump.
- The Chicago Tribune's DePaul preview names Mike Stovall as DePaul's top newcomer.
- Lindsey Willhite wrote about the D-League Draft and the Idaho Stampede's fascination with former Blue Demons. Of course Idaho wasn't too enamored as it traded Dar Tucker to the Los Angeles D-Fenders on Wednesday.
- An intricate preview of the Big East by Vegas Watch has Rutgers ranked 16th and DePaul 15th.
- DePaul's opener on the 17th has been moved back to 8 p.m. CT because the game is going to be televised in both the Chicago and New York markets. (And nationally on ESPN Full Court and ESPN360.com.)
- A nice piece from the Chicago Sun-Times about the struggles Will Walker has faced.
- The Chicago Tribune's Northwestern preview that names Drew Crawford and not John Shurna or Kevin Coble as the Wildcats' player to watch. (Somehow neither Coble or Shurna are mentioned at all.)
- Andy Katz said he wants to see Northwestern make the NCAA Tournament in this season preview video.
- The NIU Student Association is providing buses for the quick trip to Northwestern for Northern Illinois students, so there will certainly be some Huskies in attendance.
- Here's the full article about Coble's injury from the Chicago Tribune.
- The Chicago Tribune's Loyola preview that says a .500 finish would be an accomplishment.
- Loyola's Andy Polka on the start of the season in his own words.
- Nothing has leaked out from the Valparaiso camp about their scrimmage against Chicago State. The Cougars also played UIC in a scrimmage and open the season against NCAA Division III Concordia University Chicago tomorrow night.
- The Chicago Tribune's UIC preview wants to see if Robo Kreps can follow the Josh Mayo career trajectory.
- More about Robo Kreps and the Flames from the Chicago Sun-Times.
- Jeremy Buttell in his own words on the motivation coming from being picked 9th in the preseason.
General College Basketball:
- Another Horizon League preview from WCPO Cincinnati. For some reason Detroit is picked 10th. That isn't going to happen.
- A Big Ten Preview from the (obviously biased) Illinois basketball examiner. He has Illinois 4th and Northwestern 9th.
- Rush The Court's Big Ten Preview has Northwestern 8th and Illinois a much more reasonable 6th.
- This college basketball preview from the Denver Post has Northwestern as a program on the rise and DePaul's Jerry Wainwright as a coach on the hot seat.
- Great news for per possession statistics as Big Ten Geeks is moving to a blog on the Big Ten Network.