Here are some quick links from around the web about Chicago College Basketball:
- The Chicago Flame has a quick preview of the UIC men's basketball team.
- The atmosphere outside of Welsh-Ryan Arena is going to look a little different this season. The Evanston City Council voted to block vendors from the streets around the stadium during Northwestern games.
- Krys Faber should be a big part of the DePaul front court in 2009-10. WeAreDePaul.com broke down his skills. (Subscription required.)
- Jay Bilas named the Top 10 Rebounders in the country. It took him a long time, but eventually he mentioned DePaul's Mac Koshwal - in the "Just Missed the Cut" section.
- The games and times are set for the Big East Conference schedule. Now DePaul knows when they'll be playing.
- The bottom of this post has an interesting nugget. Coaches from Marquette and Loyola-Chicago attended Bulls practice to get new ideas.
General college basketball links:
- Ray McCallum Jr. has a tough decision to make. Play for a major program, or play for his dad at the University of Detroit?
- It was a bit of a bummer that Chicago didn't manage to get the 2016 Olympic Games, but the Wall Street Journal asked, "Is Chicago the World's Top Sports Town?"
- The Big East is a 16-team morass. Here's one person's suggestion about how to simplify things.