Recruiting is still going strong, even as basketball season starts up. Also, preseason polls continue to be released as Media Days near. Here's a collection of links related to Loyola-Chicago, Northwestern, Chicago State, DePaul and UIC. Loyola-Chicago:
- Flavien Davis, a 6'5" small forward in the class of 2010, verbally committed to the Ramblers last week. He's from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Here's his Rivals, Scout and ESPN profiles. If you can't access them all the short version is: 3 stars, 2 stars and 87.
- More about Loyola and Wisconsin recruiting in this Wisconsin Sports Network article. It also mentioned that J.R. Blount is now a graduate assistant at UW-Stevens Point.
- Alec Brown, a 7'0" center, visited Loyola. GoldenSports.net has a recap of all his visits.
- The Horizon League Network's Adam Coppinger took a look at UIC's 2009 recruiting class on Friday.
- Here is Blogging the Bracket's Horizon League preview.
- The preview of the Horizon League that I wrote for Rush the Court is here.
- The Cougars' Pawel Kielbasa made Ballin' Is A Habit's All-Edible Name team.
- Purple Reign reviews the previews of Northwestern football and basketball.
- Welsh-Ryan Ramblings asks if Saturday's Northwestern vs. Penn State game is a missed opportunity to promote the basketball team.
- Purple Reign on Northwestern's recruiting for 2010.
- A Big Ten preview from the Indianapolis Star in advance of Big Ten Media day.
- Ron Sobieszczyk passed away on Sunday. From the Chicago Tribune obit. "Standing tall for a guard of his era at 6-foot-4, the All-American's
scored 1,222 points for the Blue Demons between 1953 and 1956. He ranks
fourth all-time at DePaul in scoring average at 18.2 points per game."
- Lakeshore Television is going to air four DePaul basketball games - three women's games and the men's home opener versus Columbia.