Once again the links are piling up early in the week. The Big East Media Day caused a flurry of DePaul articles while there's been some really interesting things written about Northwestern and the Horizon League over the past five days. Everything is after the jump. DePaul:
- Slam's Quinn Peterson asks, "Can DePaul return to relevancy." Good article, great headline.
- Mike Vorkunov of New Jersey Newsroom picks the Blue Demons to finish last.
- The Chicago Tribune's Shannon Ryan was at Big East Media Day. She says, DePaul has something to prove this season. Also, another great Jerry Wainwright-ism.
- The Big East's official release about the preseason First and Second teams.
- The Big East reporters opinions about the upcoming season as found by The Post-Standard.
- The Chicago Tribune's Teddy Greenstein talked to Michael "Juice" Thompson before he gets ready to take over from Craig Moore as the Wildcats' backcourt leader.
- Big Ten Geeks recaps Northwestern's 2008-09 season.
- Big Ten Geeks previews Northwestern's 2009-10 season.
- Welsh-Ryan Ramblings raises some good points about how Northwestern's tickets are distributed.
- Straight from the coach's mouth here's Bill Carmody on the 2009-10 Wildcats. Here's Carmody Court's summary if you don't want to go through it.
- The Ramblers' Midnight Madness managed to convert at least one new fan. The Phoenix has a quick writeup of the event and maybe a sign that Loyola's grassroots campaign to get more people to the Gentile Center might pay off.
- The Horizon League Network's Adam Coppinger studies the Loyola recruiting class.
General College Basketball:
- The Albany Times-Union took the time to compile every game on an ESPN network.