Gambling is to the NFL as swimming is to a fish, intrinsically linked like white on rice. So it is not surprising to learn that there are some pretty outrageous wagers one can make on the big game.
Super Bowl XLVII, played in the Big Easy on Sunday (game time is 5:25 P.M. CT), features two fairly equal combatants in the 49ers and Ravens, but that apparently isn’t enough for some people.
So, for those of you who desire something more than strip cards and squares—oh, and a football game, by the way—here are some outrageous bets you can make, courtesy of the online sportsbook Bovada.
- What color Gatorade will be dumped on the head coach of the winning team? Clear/water is the favorite, while blue, green and red are tied as longshots.
- The total number of times the word "Harbaugh" will be used during the game? 20.5
- How long will the post-game handshake/hug last between Jim and John Harbaugh? Over/Under 7.5 seconds
- Will Alicia Keys forget or omit at least one word of the official U.S. National Anthem? Yes +150/no -200
- Will the team that wins the coin toss win the game? Yes -115/No -115
- How many times will the parents of Jim and John Harbaugh be shown on TV during the game? Over/under two (personally, I would take the over.)
- What will be higher? LeBron James – rebounds and assists on Feb. 3 vs. Toronto (-3½) or Ray Lewis – tackles and assists Super Bowl XLVII (+3½)?
- Will Alicia Keys be booed during or after her rendition of the US National Anthem? Yes +500
- Will Beyonce be joined by Jay Z on Stage during the Super Bowl Half Time Show? Yes +110/no -150
- Will Beyonce's hair be Curly/crimped or straight at the beginning of the Super Bowl halftime show? Straight +150, curly/crimped -200
- What predominant color will Beyonce's top be at the beginning of the Super Bowl Halftime show? Silver/grey is the favorite, blue and green are the longshots.
- Who will Barack Obama pick to win the game? Ravens -170, 49ers +130
- What will happen with the Dow Jones the day after the Super Bowl? Market down is even odds.
- What will be the highest tweet per second during the Super Bowl? Under 17,000 is even odds.
And my personal favorite … Will any Baltimore or San Francisco player on active roster be arrested before Super Bowl XLVII? Yes +500
Filed under: Super Bowl