Updated: 1/19/13, 9:00 AM
The following coaches were informed by Marc Trestman on Thursday that they will not return to the Bears’s coaching staff for the 2013 season: Mike Tice, Bob Babich, Jeremy Bates, Mike DeBord, Darryl Drake, Tim Holt and Tim Spencer.
As reported earlier, Rod Marinelli will also not return.
As for the new faces around Halas Hall, the Bears have confirmed Trestman, Joe DeCamillis, Aaron Kromer, Skip Peete, Matt Cavanaugh, Andy Bischoff and Michael Sinclair and Mel Tucker; Tucker as defensive coordinator.
The only assistants currently remaining from the Lovie Smith era are defensive backs coach Jon Hoke, assistant defensive backs coach Gill Byrd and defensive line coach Mike Phair, in addition to some strength and conditioning coaches.
Here’s the way the coaching staff is currently structured:
- Marc Trestman: Head Coach
- Joe DeCamillis: Special Teams Coordinator/Assistant Head Coach
- Aaron Kromer: Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Coach
- Mel Tucker: Defensive Coordinator
- Michael Sinclair: Assistant Defensive Line Coach
- Matt Cavanaugh: Quarterbacks Coach
- Skip Peete: Running Backs Coach
- Andy Bischoff: Tight Ends Coach
- Jim Arthur: Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Gill Byrd: Assistant Defensive Backs/Safeties Coach
- Jon Hoke: Defensive Backs Coach
- Rusty Jones: Strength and Conditioning Coordinator
- Mike Phair: Defensive Line Coach
- Wide Receivers Coach
- Linebackers Coach(s)
- Additional assistant positions
Filed under: Coaches and Management