By the end of the Bears' 2012 mini-camp and OTA program, the team had waived/cut a total of three players, trimming their roster down to 87-man. Here’s who you can cross off your must-have jersey list:
- CB Donovan Warren (waived)
- G Mansfield Wrotto (terminated contract/vested veteran)
- QB Nathan Enderle (waived)
Wrotto appeared in 27 games with 12 starts over three seasons (2008-10) with the Seattle Seahawks and Buffalo Bills. None for the Bears.
Enderle was selected by the Bears in the fifth round (160th overall) of the 2011 NFL Draft. He was on the active roster during the 2011 regular season but did not appear in a game. Many considered him to be a Mike Martz pick and on the chopping block this off-season.
In addition to these three roster moves, the Bears brought in a total of five players for tryouts, and are expected to sign a couple in the near future:
- Former Rams and Giants TE Darcy Johnson
- Syracuse UFA DB Mike Holmes (his second visit to Halas Hall)
- Oklahoma UFA OL Cory Brandon
- Georgia Tech UFA RB Embry Peeples
- Temple UFA DE Eli Joseph.