HALAS HALL - This year's training camp will be held on the campus of Olivet Nazarene University in Bourbonnais, IL for the 10th consecutive year. The first practice will be held on Saturday, July 30 at 3:00 p.m. The Bears will hold a second practice on Sunday at noon. Practices on Saturday and Sunday will be conducted without pads. The site, which is located about 60 miles south of Chicago, provides the Bears with four practice fields, air conditioned locker rooms, dining facilities, a weight room, meeting rooms and dorms for players, staff and media.
As always, Training Camp will allow fans an opportunity to watch the team practice for FREE. Gates will open one hour prior to the start of all practice sessions. Training Camp provides a family-friendly atmosphere, which includes the Jewel-Osco Inflatable Kids Zone, Junior Training Camps, Kids Only Autograph Sessions (*On Select Days ONLY), giveaways, games and much more.
Theme days and special events this year will include the familiar Armed Forces Day, Comcast Hispanic Day, Family Night at ONU, Comcast Family Fest at Soldier Field presented by Chase, Run with Staley and Youth Football Day.
ADDITIONAL SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
- 7/25 Beginning at 6 p.m. teams were allowed to negotiate, but not sign, drafted rookies and undrafted rookie free agents
- 7/26 Players may voluntarily return to Halas Hall
- Rosters are expanded to 90 players
- Beginning at 9 a.m. teams may: trade players; sign drafted rookies and rookie free agents; renegotiate contracts of current players; negotiate, but not sign, their own unrestricted free agents (UFA), restricted free agents (RFA), exclusive rights players and franchise players and other teams’ UFAs and RFAs.
- 7/28 Beginning at 3:01 p.m. teams can cut or waive players
- 7/29 Training camp opens at Olivet Nazarene University
- 7/30 First practices at Olivet at 3 p.m.; no pads
- 8/4 League year begins at 3:01 p.m.; veteran free agent signings become official.
- 8/5 Family Fest at Soldier Field; practice 7-9 p.m.
- 8/30 Possible roster reduction from 90 to 75
- 9/3 Reduce roster to 53 players
- 9/5 Back to Football Week begins
- 9/11 Regular season opener: Bears vs Atlanta, noon
Filed under: Uncategorized