We all have them at some point in our journey as mothers. Whether you start very early in your journey, down the road as your children grow, or through the end of time, they are inevitable.
Here are 10 bad habits we all have as moms:
1) Worrying: From the time the pregnancy test shows us the positive sign to the day we take our last breathe, we never stop worrying about our children.
2) Putting others needs before our own: As moms we take one for the team every day. We eat last, sleep the least, and take less and less time for ourselves. Our family comes first no matter what.
3) Wishing we were the dad: We wouldn't be human if we didn't wish we could be someone else once in a while. In many cases we wish we were our partner. The one who gets sick days, sleeps in, goes out with coworkers for a beer, takes a guys only trip, and watches television uninterrupted.
4) Going to bathroom with the door open: We do it because we think our kids need us 24/7. We do it because we don't want to hear the screaming on the other side of the door. We do because sometimes there just is no other choice.
Man, I wish I could poop in private.
5) Skimping on our needs: When was the last time you had a haircut in a salon? Your nails manicured? Your eyebrows waxed? Looked and felt beautiful? Exercised? Visited with a good friend?
Sometimes we lose ourselves.
6) Eating unhealthy: Skipping meals, binge eating, and eating your child's left overs, Goldfish, fruit snacks, just so they won't go to waste.
7) Judging other parents: We have all done it. There is no getting away from it. But, we need to put an end to the Mommy Wars once and for all. After all, we are all in this together.
8) Cursing in front of our kids: I swear like a trucker because my mother was not afraid to drop a F bomb in front of us. It was a normal part of my childhood. And it has become that way for my son. I have found myself having to catch my tongue on more than one occasion. We need to set a better example.
9) Lying: We all do it. The park is closed. Daddy is at the store. Babba is at work. The tv is broken. It tastes really good. I'm going to spank your butt. Everybody is sleeping. Santa is watching you. That picture you colored is beautiful. That girl is no good for you. I didn't date until I was 21 years old.
Lies. Lies. Lies.
10) Being overprotective: We can't help it and we can't let go.
They will always be our babies.
Are these really bad habits? No, they are just par for the course on this journey we call motherhood.
What bad habit would you add to this list?
Read past posts from our Mayhem Mommies here!
Don't miss a post! Type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.