A Liebster..not a lobster! What the heck is a Liebster? The Liebster Award is given to a new or up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support one another. My award was granted by the talented Kim at It Is Interesting To Note.
I am very honored to say the least, to be acknowledged by my fellow bloggers and peers. I have only been blogging since October of 2012 and I am amazed how much our blog site has grown in such a short time. I hope the 11 recipients I have awarded this honor to enjoy this as much as I will. If you've been awarded one of these Liebster's before, please enjoy another!
Here are the rules:
1. Each blogger should post 11 random facts about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
3. Choose 11 new bloggers (with less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award.
5. No tag backs.
Here are 11 random facts about me:
1) Fellow blogger Sara and I have known each other since we were 16 years old. We met while working at a local pet store. We have been friends ever since.
2) I can place an IV catheter in just about any size domestic animal on the first try. I am THAT good.
3) I have been a migraine sufferer since I was 18 years old.
4) I hate fat in my food. If a steak has fat on it, I will not eat it. If I bite into a chicken sandwich with fat in it, I'm done!
5) I have amazing olfactory senses. I can pick up a scent better than a dog. And it's usually the bad ones.
6) I hate history and I suck at geography. Don't ask me where a country is. I do not have the answer.
7) I am a huge Richard Marx fan.
8) I am awesome at Name That Tune. I can guess a song in one note.
9) I rescued St. Bernards for the past 13 years and recently retired from the rescue group I founded.
10) I am 40 years old and I have never lived a day without a pet of some sort in my life.
11) I made out with Mark Wahlberg in a hotel room bathroom in 1991. True story.
Kim's 11 questions for me:
1. What household chore do you hate the most? I hate doing dishes. It is annoying and irritating especially when I'm not the one using the dishes.
2. What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up? I cry all the time at sappy shit. I've been that way my whole life. However, the last book that made me openly sob, on a plane to Switzerland no less, was The Art of Racing in The Rain by Garth Stein. Read it!
3. What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received? The best gift I ever received was that positive pregnancy test and my son. It is amazing the love you can feel for one human being.
4. What do you miss most about being a kid? Sleeping in. Sleeping..period!
5. What story does your family always tell about you? This one's embarrassing....when I was 4 years old, in the days where children did not wear seat belts or ride in car seats, my mother rolled my head up in the driver's side window. I was standing in the back seat, with my head hanging out the window like a dog. We pulled up to the store, she rolled up the window, I got my head stuck. My mom and aunt were laughing so hard, they left me like that because they were hysterical. Meanies!
6. At what age did you consider yourself an adult? Seventeen. I had a job, I paid my parents rent, I owned a car, I had a checking account.
7. What’s one thing you wish you could “un-know”? That my parents still have sex. Enough said.
8. Where would you like to go on a dream vacation? Italy. I spent 24 hours there when I was in Switzerland and I never wanted to leave. It is my dream to travel the country and learn about my heritage. And drink wine.....
9. What is your first memory of being really excited? I was four. I met Smokey the Bear.
10. What was the first thing you bought with your own money? A Saint Bernard. He was a sickly pup at the pet store I worked at when I was 16 years old. I named him Barnie.
11. What was the last experience that made you a stronger person? The birth of my son and dealing with Postpartum Depression.
Now for my 11 questions to the recipients:
1) What made your decide to start a blog and how long have you been doing it?
2) What is your favorite sports team?
3) If you could change one thing about your past, what would it be?
4) If you could meet any person dead or alive, who would it be?
5) What is your favorite season and why?
6) If you were stranded on an island with only one artist on your Ipod, who would it be?
7) What is your favorite guilty pleasure?
8) What is your biggest pet peeve?
9) If you could have plastic surgery on one body part, where would it be?
10) Who is your most hated celebrity and why?
11) Everyone has a girl crush. Who is yours?
And now the winners of the Liebster Award!
Read past posts from our Mayhem Mommies here!
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time.