I'm a decent cook when I want to be, which is rare. The act of cooking, that is. Daddy Mayhem is the cook in our family. He is simply amazing at whatever he throws together. I personally prefer easy, simple, recipes. I love the Crockpot and I am not afraid to use it.
I came across a Crockpot Lasagna recipe on Twitter and decided to give it a try. The original recipe can be found on This Mom Can Cook's website. I changed it up a bit to make it somewhat healthy and a little spicy. Here it goes:
- 1 package lasagna noodles – uncooked
- 1/2 pound Hot Italian sausage – seasoned, cooked and drained (I used Garlic Garlic seasoning from Tastefully Simple)
- 1 pound ground Turkey –seasoned, cooked and drained (I used Garlic Garlic seasoning from Tastefully Simple)
- 2 cups Ricotta cheese
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 jar Heart Healthy spaghetti sauce – large
- Line the bottom of your crock pot with a few layers of uncooked lasagna noodles.
- In a pot, mix your spaghetti sauce, ground beef and sausage.
- Use about half of your sauce mixture and cover the layer of noodles in crock pot.
- Now spread half of the Ricotta cheese over the top of the sauce mixture/noodles .
- Slowly pour the 1/2 cup water on top
- Now sprinkle 1 cup of Mozzarella cheese on top.
- Repeat the above steps 1-6, to create a second layer of lasagna but OMIT the water.
- Put on the lid and let cook on low for 4 to 6 hours
The result was delicious yumminess!!! So easy! So simple!!