The holidays are right around the corner and you know what that means: we eat more, party more and definitely enjoy a cocktail or two more. But luckily, there is a little thing called makeup to hide all signs of those late December nights. So how do we fix our beauty party fouls in a flash?
“When we are tired, our wrinkles, uneven skin tone and dark spots seem as if they are magnified," explains Holly Mordini, Professional Makeup Artist and Founder of Chicago based Stroke of Beauty Cosmetics. "You're probably tempted to cover it all up with a thick coating of full-coverage foundation and powder."
But before you trade one problem - a fatigued-looking complexion - for another – skin that looks heavy and cakey from a heavy foundation formula - reach for another option says Holly.
"A flexible concealer is one that moves with the face and does not sit in fine lines. This seems easy, but we need to be very careful when choosing a formula, as this is a major pitfall and can create an aged look rather than a youthful one! Be sure to choose one that does not contain too much wax, such as Stroke of Beauty Skin Finish Concealer to brighten the shadows and dark areas. This will lift the planes of your face and ultimately, deliver a naturally uncovered and well-rested bare skin glow.”
For a brighter and more energetic look this holiday season, Holly suggests:
- Begin by applying concealer around the outer corners of your nose where shadows and redness loom.
- Next, concentrate on the outer corner of the eyes extending it below bottom lashes and upward, towards the outer corner of your brow, creating a lifted effect.
- Continue at the eye area by adding it to the inner corner of the eye, blending upward onto the lid and under the lower lash line.
- To balance any redness and brighten the skin, apply between eye brows, lifting onto the center of the forehead if needed.
- To perfect the lip area, place your concealer between your nose and top lip in the Cupid’s bow area. Blend on to top lip if needed to neutralize your lip color too.
- The final step! Apply your concealer below your bottom lip and onto center of the chin brightening shadows and reducing redness.