- This summer has provided a number of events that caused me to take a long hard look about where I am and how I want to live my life. I don't want to waste one more day living life like status quo. It's time to shake things up and be this type of person:
- Someone who buys chia seeds (I do that already) but actually be the one that uses them
- Says yes to any invitations that are put in front of me - especially if they are to events that I would feel uncomfortable attending. Except maybe a swingers party
- Stop worrying -- who am I kidding. This will never happen. But of course I'll worry about trying to make it happen.
- Make more time for friends - for years I've put that priority on the back burner for time with my kids - Facebook is currently tormenting me with all the girlfriend getaways that I'm not invited to anymore
- Learn how to cook. I am way too old to not have developed this skill
- Use more British words - I adore shag, bugger, fanny, arse, bollocks, rubbish and wanker
- Live with passion - but first figure out what my passion might be -- I know, Oprah would be so ashamed that I'm admitting I don't exactly know what my great passion in life is…
- Wear clothes that make me feel great every day
- Be the type of person that when someone gets in trouble, I'm their first call
- Appreciate poetry. Just kidding - I have no desire to get that deep - I'll stick with appreciating fantastic quotes
- Not be a slave to my Fitbit
- Be my husband's girlfriend - we haven't dated in years. It's about time to start.
- Stop focusing on the destination - the journey is where it's at
- Embrace our shitty winters - I really think I need to become a snow plow driver so I can celebrate the arrival of cold and snow
- Be positive. I read a recent article that said the happiest people are those with low expectations - they're always pleasantly surprised. I expect not to be able to fulfill any of these (I'm pretty good at this already)
It's a good start. I sure hope this isn't like one of my crazy diets that slowly fade out - I guess I'll just print out this list and read it everyday as a reminder. I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.
Who is it you want to be?
I'd love to see you on my Facebook page or subscribe by e-mail:
Filed under: entertainment