What is Fleurotica? This flowery fundraiser will be held on Thursday, June 12, at the Garfield Park Conservatory and I think it's one of the coolest events around for many reasons, but here are my top five:
1) If you love fashion and flowers, this show will send you into ecstasy! Every single "garment" is made entirely of flowers, twigs, plant materials or a combination of all three.
2) The event benefits one of the city's treasures, the Garfield Park Conservatory that was built in 1907 by famed landscape designer Jens Jensen. It's one of the
largest conservatories in the U.S. covering 4.5 acres. Some plants are over 200 years old.
3) The people watching is as good as the show! It seems everyone dresses to impress or maybe to compete against Mother Nature! Eye Candy Galore!
4) This year's event honors Anne Prammagiore, president and CEO of ComEd. Her civic involvement is vast and she is a very deserving honoree who loves and cares about Chicago.
5) Your support will provide the Conservatory with the means to continue to offer wonderful children's programming and outreach. The Conservatory provides a calming place for a lot of kids who have chaotic lives.
As you can see, this will be one fabulous event for a wonderful cause! I hope to see you there! For tickets and more info, click here.
To see last year's "Fleurotica Fun", check out my Telly-Award winning show, "Candid Candace Chicago" on www.Watch312.com below!
If you enjoy my posts, please subscribe to Candid Candace here on Chicago Now. Type your email address in the box below and click the "create subscription" button. My list is completely spam free, and you can opt out at any time. You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, my internet show on Watch312.com, "Candid Candace Chicago" and my blog, CandidCandace.com.