If you wanted to attend two events a day in Chicago, you certainly could! I have never seen a busier summer with lots of fun fall things coming our way, too! So have your calendar handy and let's get ready to party!
1) First up, this Saturday, August 18th, Dance for Life at the Hilton, 520 S. Michigan, beginning at 5 pm in the Grand Ballroom with a performance beginning at 8 pm at the Auditorium Theatre. For info to this event that raises awareness and funds for HIV/AIDS, please click here!
2) The Chicago Dancing Festival begins on Monday, August 2oth --25th. For info, please click here!
3) TCW Magazine's "100 Women Making a Difference" at Chase Tower (21 S. Clark) on Tuesday, August 21st from 5:30--7 pm. Info here!
4) Junior League Summer Soiree on Friday, August 24th, at Chicago History Museum, 8 pm-midnight. (jlchicago.org)
5) 30th Annual Evening on Astor, Wednesday, Sept. 5th, 5:30-8:30, Astor Street between Goethe and Banks, 312.332.6122, click here for info.
6) Compassion, Fashion & Cocktails: Thursday, August 23rd, Frontier, 1072 N. Milwaukee, 6:30-10 pm. Click here for info.
7) Taste of the Gold Coast, Thursday, August 16th, 6-9 pm, Sofitel Hotel, 20 E. Chestnut, click here for more info!
8) 18th Annual Friends of Chicago State University Award Gala: Thursday, Sept. 20th, 6 pm, honoring Valerie Van Meter and Stella Foster, click here for info or call 773.995.3839
9) Rosalind Franklin University Centennial Gala Dinner Dance: Saturday, Sept. 8th, 6:30 pm, InterContinental Chicago, click here for info.
10) Common Threads Second Annual Cook-Off, Thursday, September 27, 6:30 pm, Fulton's on the River, 315 N. LaSalle, click here for info.
11) 8th Annual Rising Star Awards, Wednesday, September 12th, 6:30 pm, Hotel Sax, 333 N. Dearborn, click here for info or call 312.527.7751
12) 8th Annual A Sterling Event, Saturday, October 6th, 6:30 pm, Hyatt Regency, 2233 S. Martin Luther King Drive, Black Tie, click here for info or call 312.345.132
13) Bagpipes & Blues, Thursday, September 27th, 8 pm, The Field Museum, 1400 S. Lake Shore Drive, click here for info or call 630.623.8366. This is the official international Pep Rally held on the eve of the 2012 Ryder Cup Matches.
14) Museum of Contemporary Art's Vernissage, Wednesday, September 19th, Navy Pier, opening night benefit and preview of EXPO Chicago, click here for info or call 312.397.3868
15) Adler Planetarium's Celestial Ball "The Milky Way", Saturday, September 8th, Tickets are $600, For more info, call 312.553.2000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
16) 8th Annual Celebrity Chefs Benefit for Friends of Chicago Animal Care & Control, Wednesday, September 19th, 6:30- 9 pm, Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington, click here for info or call 312.224.1116
17) International Academy of Design and Technology's, 38th annual Imagine Fashion Show, Friday, September 21st, 8 pm, UIC Forum Stage, call 312.980.9295 or email email@example.com
18) Robert Mackey's 2nd Annual Lydia W. Smith Foundation "Golf-4-Cell" weekend, begins Friday, September 21st, Conrad Chicago rooftop, 521 N. Rush St., 9-midnight, click here for more info.
19) 57th Gold Coast Fashion Show, Friday, September 28th, Hilton Chicago, 720 S. Michigan, 11 a.m, click here for more info.
20) Chicago Gourmet/Bon Apetit's Hamburger Hop, Harris Theater Rooftop, 205 E. Randolph, Friday, September 28th, 6-9 pm, click here for more info.
21) Chicago Human Rhythm Project's "JUBALEE Gala", Monday, October 29th, Jay Pritzker Pavilion in Millennium Park, click here or call 773.281.1825
22) Chicago Botanic Garden's 14th Annual Harvest Ball, Saturday, September 22nd, Chicago Botanic Garden, 6 pm, click here for more info or call 847.835.8213.
23) Ronald McDonald House Charities and Carnival's "Eat Global", Wednesday, October 1oth, 5:30 pm, Carnivale Restaurant, 702 W. Fulton Market, click here for more info.
24) PAWS Fur Ball, Friday, November 9th, 6 pm, Drake Hotel, click here for more info or call 773.843.4884
25) Mo' Rockin Fashion Fest 2012, Saturday, August 25th, 1725 W. Division & Hermitage, 12 pm-10 pm, live music, fashion shows, shopping, click here for more info.
26) TOQUE: An Evening With Chicago's Culinary Masters benefitting Children's Oncology Services, Friday, September 21st, 7 pm, Hilton Towers, 720 S. Michigan, click here for more info or call 312.924.4220, ext. 5
27) Chicago Public Library's Carl Sandburg Literary Awards Dinner, Wednesday, October 17th, The Forum (725 W. Roosevelt Rd.), 6:45 pm, click here for more info.
28) The Joffrey Ballet's Couture & Cocktails, Friday, September 28th, 6 pm, McGrath Acura Dealership, 1301 N. Elston, featuring designer Pamella Roland, 312.386.8921 Click here for more info.
29) The Woman's Board of Home & Aid 92nd Annual September Gala, Friday, September 7th, 6:30 pm, Four Seasons Hotel, 120 E. Delaware, black tie, click here for more info.
30) Garden of Eve benefitting Howard Brown Health Center, Friday, September 4th, 6 pm- midnight, River East Art Center, 435 E. Illinois, Click here for more info.
31) Luna Negra's 2012 Noche de Luna Gala, Thursday, September 13th, Venue Six10 (in Spertus Institute), 610 S. Michigan, 6 pm, 312.337.6882
32) 2nd Annual Art of Home Auction & Reception benefitting Lakeside Community Development Corp., Thursday, October 18th, 6-9 pm, Zhou B Art Center, 1029 W. 35th St., click here for more info or call 773.381.5253
33) Green Tie Ball, Saturday, September 15th, A. Finkl & Sons, 2011 N. Southport, click here for more info.
34) Live. Love. Life. Round 2: Where Grit Meets Glam benefitting Northwestern Memorial Foundation, August 18th, 8-midnight, Chicago Cultural Center, 78 E. Washington, click here for more info.
35) Lyric Opera Gala, "Elektra", Saturday, October 6th, 6:30 pm, 6:30 Civic Opera House performance followed by Opera Ball in the Atlantic Ballroom, Radisson Blu Hotel, click here for more info.
36) Jasmine Brides, Runway to Romance Event, Saturday, August 18th, Jasmine Galleria, 2840 S. Highland Ave., Lombard, Ill., 6-8 pm, click here for more info.
37) Service Club of Chicago's Day at the Races, Sunday, August 19th, Arlington Park Racetrach, Governor's Room, 12:30 pm-4:30 pm. Click here for more info.
38) Fashion Night Out, "Fame, Fashion & Flavor", Thursday, Sept. 6th, 900 N. Michigan Shops, hosted by Ali Larter, 6-9 pm, click here for more info.
39) The Magnificent Mile Shopping Festival, August 24--Sept. 6th, Water Tower Place, M-Sat 11 am-8 pm, Sunday noon-5 pm. Click here for info. Also, during the Festival, enjoy 'A Magnificent Taste' featuring Top Chef Season 9 winner Paul Qui, a benefit for Common Threads, Tuesday, August 28th, 6:30-9 pm at Pioneer Ct., 401 N. Michigan Ave., click here for more info.
40) "Rooftop to Rooftop", J. Parker Rooftop at Hotel Lincoln, 1816 N. Clark St., benefitting Ronald McDonald House Charities, Wednesday, September 12th, 6-9 pm, click here for more info.
(SEE SOME INVITES BELOW!)
Filed under: citylife/event news
Tags: A Magnificent Taste, A Silver Lining Foundation, A Sterling Event, Adler Planetarium, Ali Larter, Allen Bros., Allen Brothers, Allison Cooke, Billy Arnot, Carly Leviton, Carol Fox & Associates, Cece & Melinda, Cece Gonzalez, Celebrity Chefs for Animal Care and Control, Celestial Ball, Centennial Gala Dinner Dance, Chicago Botanic Gardens, chicago events, Chicago Human Rhythm Project, Chicago parties, Chicago Public Library Carl Sandberg Literary Awards Dinner, Chicago State University, Children's Oncology Services, Christina Thomas, Christopher Clinton Conway, Coach Chicago, Common Threads, Compassion, Couture & Cocktails, CS Magazine, Dance for Life, David Herro, Dr. Sandy Goldberg, Eat Global, Elda de la Rosa, Evening on Astor, EXPO Chicago, fall events, Fashion & Cocktails, Fashion Fest Chicago, Gold Coast Fashion show, Hamburger Hop, Harvest Ball 2012, Hotel Lincoln, Howard Brown Health Center, Imagine 2012, Imagine Fashion Show, J. Parker Rooftop, Janice McCafferty, Jasmine, Jay Franke, Jill Chukerman, Jillian Braun, Jimm Cobb, Jubalee Gala, Julie McCaffrey, Junior League, Liz Keating, Luna Negra, Megan Richards, Melinda Joseph, Milky Way, Mo' Rockin Fashion Fest, Museum of Contemporary Art, Nancy Berman, Nick Harkin, Nina-Morgan Jones, Noche de Luna Gala, Paul Qui, Paula Fasseas, PAWS Chicago, PAWS Fur Ball 2012, Rebecca Kussman, Rising Star Awards, Robert Mackey, Ronald McDonald House Charities, Rosalind Franklin University, Runway to Romance, Ryan Beshel, sample sale, Sarah Ahlsberg, Sarah Minnis, Sherren Leigh, Stella Foster, Summer Cultivation Event, summer events, Summer Soiree, Taste of the Gold Coast, TCW Magazine, The Chicago Dancing Festival, The International Academy of Design & Technology, The Joffrey Ballet, Todd Hatoff, TOQUE, Valerie Van Meter, Vernissage, Women's Auxiliary Board of Ronald McDonald House Near Lurie Children's, Women's Board of Home & Aid September Gala