Grab your favorite guy, girl, both or one of each and head over to Halsted and Belmont for this Sunday's annual Gay Pride Parade! It starts at noon and they are expecting over 500,000 people in Boy's Town this year! 2009's slogan, as featured in
TEN TIPS FOR PARADE SPECTATORS:
1) Parade spectators must stay behind barriers.
2) Parade starts at noon so plan on arriving early
3) Parking is limited, so walk or take public transportation
4) Bring plenty of bottled water and sun screen--and dress lightly.
5) Keep area clean by using trash barrels
6) City ordinance prevents parade participants from tossing items to spectators and vice versa. Spectators are not allowed into the street.
7) Do not use high-powered water rifles, Super Soakers or squirt guns.
8) At parade end, keep out of the street until Streets and San can remove barricades.
9) Be prepared for anything, Jennifer Roche from About.com describes it like this: "The parade is good bawdy fun--kind of like attending
Mardi Gras in the French Quarter, an Abba concert and a leather convention all rolled into one moving event. Expect it. Enjoy it!"