In May, my team and I completed 30 interviews with inspiring moms across the country. We got so much information and learned about how mommies literally manage their homes. I want to recap some of my favorite moments and share their insight on what they learned from their kids. Here is a list of some of my favorite take aways from our interviews.
What did you learn from your kids?
- Take risks! Kids are fearless and we need to do that more in our own lives.
- Everything is temporary. You can only pay attention to what is happening right now.
- Kids teach us how to love, how to feel sadness, and JOY! Take in their new perception on life and see what really matters.
- Simplify! You can’t control anything. Let it go! Our kids are gifts and they are not our property.
- Love fiercely and completely! Patience is really all about practice.
- There is not always a direct path from A to B; the detours are the best part. You can’t plan for everything. Even though you still try to, you just can’t.
- Beauty comes from the inside. Strength is something you must become. Honesty is a gift that will never fail you.
- Dance like no one is watching! Learn how to be silly. As parents, love life the way your kids do and don’t care what others think when you sing out loud.
- Unconditional love. Laugh, love, and be in the moment.
- Never criticize. Be the voice in your kids' lives and not the judge.
Kids are the best teachers. They are unbiased and see the world for it's natural and simplistic beauty. They are able to easily find happiness and stay grounded in those moments. It is difficult to apply all of these insights at once, but if we take a moment to look at the world from our kids eyes each day, we may be able to add an extra dose of happiness into our own lives.
Until Next Time...
Be Strong*Be Brave*Be a Bulldog
If you like what you read, please like Bulldog Solution on Facebook
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. This will give you first access to our latest post.
Filed under: Mommy Blog Project