We all get stressed and overwhelmed from time to time. I spent the first year of my daughter’s life in a constant overwhelmed state. With all the changes that occur during motherhood, we need some strategies to help us. We surveyed women across the country and came up with our top 10 favorite tips.
- Walk away from the situation. Go into a different room or just step back and do something else to take your mind off what is going on.
- Exercise for 30 minutes once a day. Take a walk, do yoga, or go for a run. If 30 minutes is too much, start off with some quick 15 minute workouts.
- Get organized! Make a list of what you want to tackle. Lists and organizing can really calm you down.
- Text or call a friend. Don’t keep it all to yourself. Turn to your girlfriends. We need to support each other and we can all relate to the difficulties of motherhood.
- Call your mom. Oftentimes, we overlook turning to our moms out of fear of criticism or our own stubbornness. Rekindle that relationship; she might become your best sounding board. Grandmas often know best.
- Talk to your husband, wife, or partner. We hold back and don’t use these opportunities to connect and ask for help.
- Go shopping! I love logging onto Zappos or Amazon to shop online when I get too stressed out. I fill my virtual basket with treats and often by the time I finish my online shopping spree, I realize that I don’t need all of it, but it felt so good to shop for my imaginary wants to let go of my stress.
- Journal! I talked to so many moms and often one of their goals is to write a book. Well, why not start now and capture your moments on paper by using journaling as your outlet. 15 minutes a day can keep our cray-cray’s away!
- Self-care! Manicures and pedicures can help any woman. Get a message or even a facial. A little self-love goes a long way.
- Poor yourself a glass of wine and let go of your problems and stress for the day! Sometimes I am just beside myself. It’s then that I like to open a nice bottle of red, sit on my coach with my husband and just talk.
So, there you have it: 10 simple and easy tips to keep mommy from becoming a monster. Take the time to use one or two of these tips the next time you are overwhelmed. They are proven effective by our experts!
Until Next Time...
Be Brave* Be Strong* Be a Bulldog
If you like what you read, please like Bulldog Solution on Facebook
Type your email address in the box and click the "create subscription" button. This will give you first access to our latest post.
Filed under: Uncategorized