Here are some quick hits from tonight's game versus the Hawks:
- FG Shooting was God Awful - The Bulls were consistently around the 30% mark in FG shooting until their comeback in the 4th Quarter which they scored only 42 points.
- What Killed the Heat Controlled the Bulls - Miami's first loss of the season last night was in large part of Atlanta transforming to a zone defense which Miami cannot shoot or attack out of. For parts of the game, Atlanta went to that 2-3 zone defense which not only threw the Bulls out of their system, controlled the tempo of the game. As soon as Derrick Rose attacked Atlanta's zone from its seams, Atlanta went back to man.
- Lineup of the Game - If you weren't watching closely, the lineup of Rose, Korver, Asik, Gibson and Deng played together for most of the 2nd half. This particular lineup ended the game with a +18 (Rose - 22, Korver - 2, Asik - 2, Deng - 13, Gibson - 4). If you were wondering, the Bulls starters finished the game at -10, yuck.
- Heavy, Heavy, Heavy Minutes for Rose (again) and Deng - Just like the Clippers game, Tom Thibodeau relied on Derrick Rose to play big minutes in order to win, 43:59. It's been documented Rose has worked extensively on his conditioning this offseason but with a shortened season, I'm afraid we're going to see a tired Rose come June.
- Boozer and Noah Flat... Again - For another game, we're witnessed to seeing 2 of our higher paid Bulls sitting on the bench come crunch time. Noah was ineffective again from both ends of the floor and Carlos Boozer kept missing close range shots and giving poor effort. Boozer likes to put up a show by yelling during rebounds or shakes his head in excitement during a big offensive play but his overall effort is absolutely poor. Not $94 million worth.
One honorable mention I didn't mention was that the Bulls didn't win this game. The Hawks gave it away. With an absolutely piss poor gameplan during the end of the game (Joe Johnson isolations and poor shot selection) and the Hawks unable to convert on free throws, the Bulls should have never been able to come back. The Bulls stole one from Atlanta and let's just hope we can play better versus Detroit.
Filed under: Uncategorized