2017 was a great year for films in all genres. Some were really great and some; well let’s just say they should have used the money in a better way. Here are 4 of my favorites and 4 of the ones I thought what were the worst in films this year. I would love to see what your 4 best and worst were of 2017.
The BEST films of 2017 is
- GET OUT – Director Jordan Peele does a great job in scaring the heck out of the audience with this thriller. We the audience don’t have a clue where this film is going but by the end of it I guarantee you will look at a white woman stirring a tea cup all together differently. This film is one that I can see repeatedly.
- COCO – This is a wonderful film that is not only cute and heartwarming but educational at the same time. It explains the tradition of The Day of the Dead or Dia de Muertos in such a beautiful way.
- MARSHALL – The story of the young Thurgood Marshall before he became the first African American Supreme Court Justice. This film reminded us how hard it was for any Black attorney especially one working for the NAACP during that time. Wonderful acting, script, and direction.
- STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI – As I watched this film I felt as if I were viewing the close of the Star Wars story for my generation. I saw the first film in 1977 when Hans Solo, Luke Skywalker, Yoda, Princess Leia, Darth Vader and all the wacky characters were introduced to the world. In The Last Jedi we see them leave and the new Resistance takes over. For me it is the perfect way to say goodbye to the characters who began the journey. May the Force be with them!
The WORST Films of 2017 –
- TYLER PERRY’S BOO! 2: A MEDEA HALLOWEEN – This is the worst film in my opinion of 2017. Same jokes, same plot, just not interesting at all. I hope that Madea finds another holiday because Halloween is not it.
- THE DARK TOWER – As fine as Idris Alba is he could not save this boring film.
- THE MUMMY – I very seldom want to walk out of a film but this one was one. It didn’t make any sense what so ever. Unfortunately Tom Cruise and Russell Crowe didn’t bring anything to the story.
- FIFTY SHADE DARKER – If you enjoyed the books then go back and read them instead of spending time viewing this film. There wasn’t any edge to it, no real passion, and no reason to be interested. And just think, we have another one to look forward to.
I’m looking forward to what 2018 will bring.
Until next year keep your EYE to the Sky!
Filed under: Uncategorized