My fitness goal for the week is to get ready for my photo shoot next Tuesday. This particular photo shoot comes up once a year and happens to be very important to me. So my goal is to be in the best shape I can be in. It is true that photos can make you appear bigger than you really are. Lighting plays an important factor and how you stand also plays a huge part of how you will look in your photos.
I have never airbrushed my body in a photo to make it look smaller. Therefore, it is important to me to be in the best shape I possibly can be to feel confident and happy with the way my photos turn out. It is also important for me to be healthy and realistic with my goal as well. I have been using the way my clothes fit as a guide. (After coming back from vacation, where I ate a great deal of food and enjoyed some cocktails this was definitely a goal I had to be strict about).
So this is what I have been doing.
- I cut out the coffee I was beginning to get a little addicted to again.
- I am drinking lots of water.
- I have been cooking all my meals at home, so that I know exactly what is going into them.
- I went to the grocery store to buy the staples that I would need: eggs, cottage cheese, low sodium deli turkey, romaine lettuce, fruit and lots of veggies.
- I have been eating breakfast every morning.
- I eat about every 3-4 hours.
- Chicken and veggies is my favorite dinner time snack.
- Greek or the Australia Brand vanilla yogurt is my favorite "sweet" snack.
- I have been working out in terms of lifting weights & functional exercises (focusing on posture and alignment) every day.
- I have been making sure to get in cardio time each day as well.
As of today (3 days in) I feel great! I love all my healthy food and have really enjoyed cooking. Of course it's hard to eat so called "perfect" for an entire week straight. I'm not going to lie, I definitely want some really good pasta right now with a thick tomato sauce (especially since its getting to be cold outside). But I want to feel confident and happy in my photos more. I'll keep you all updated with how it goes!
What are your goals this week?
Have a fun and fit day, Chicago.