Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
A few tips to enjoy your Thanksgiving while trying to stay healthy:
1) If you have time get a work-out in now. Even if it's 20 minutes, it will do your heart some good. Run outside, strength train with little rest in between your sets or turn on some music and dance around the living with the kids. Whatever it is just do it.
2) If you're cooking hopefully you were able to pick up fresh veggies for all dishes that require veggies. The ever so popular green bean casserole tastes great with fresh green beans.
3) Make sure to add lots of greens to your plate. Filling your plate with salad or veggies will fill you up with some good for your food. It will still leave you room for your favorites, but this way you will me less likely to overeat.
4) Stay away from any unhealthy appetizers. Stick to fruit or veggies if at all possible. Save room for your favorite meal.
5) Don't deprive yourself! Eat everything that you want to, just eat smaller amounts of it. If you are dying to have that sugar laden goodness from grandma's sweet potatoe pie, take a little more of that and a little less of something else high in calories.
6) Load up on the turkey, it is great protein.
7) Eat a smaller portion of dessert or opt for fruit or tasty jello.
8) MOST IMPORTANTLY! Enjoy today.
If for some reason you fall off the wagon and eat more than you wanted to, relax and start again tomorrow. One day will not ruin your goals as long as you pick back up again tomorrow.
I have so much to be thankful for this year. Thank you to all of you for your readership and following. Be sure to tell those that have helped you, you are thankful for them. :) You will surely make their day.
Have a fun and fit day, Chicago!
Join me on Chicago Now Radio this Saturday from 11-11:30am. I will be answering fitness questions and giving tips to stay fit during the holidays. chicagonow.com/radio