The time has come when the annual Taste of Chicago has taken over our city. I know that majority of the food is not on my healthy list, however I find that I have to go at least once each year.
Here are a few tips I can give you to help you stay focused as you wind your way from one end of Columbus to the other:
1) If you feel you have no self control (and by no means is this a jab, we all have these moments) or do not want to overeat, buy a smaller amount of tickets. When you've used up your tickets see if you're still hungry. You may decide that you have had enough and do not want to stand in line again.
If you feel you have control over yourself at the Taste, buy all your tickets. When you're halfway through ask yourself if you're still hungry. If not give your tickets away to someone.
2) Pick your favorite places that you want to go to. Check out the map and decide the places that you for sure want to hit. If you have a plan you will be less likely to deviate and eat things you may regret later.
3) Try the taste portions. The portions are a little smaller and cost less tickets. I personally love to try a little bit of many different items.
4) Stay hydrated. Drink lots of water especially if its hot out. Try to stay away from alcohol as you will probably end up drinking more than normal in order to quench your thirst. It may cause you to want to eat more than normal as well.
5) Don't beat yourself up. The taste is supposed to be fun. If you feel you've eaten too much or didn't make good choices, there's always tomorrow. Take it one day at a time.
Come and check out the NBA station on congress. Run around and play basketball to get some physical activity in. I will be there with the Chicago Luvabulls from 2:30pm-3:30pm stop by and say hi.