I'm Spiritual, Dammit

More Doctor's against the swine flu shot

I stumbled upon a video interview with a retired neurosurgeon named Dr. Russell Blaylock.  He lists his concerns about an adjuvant in the swine flu vaccine called squalene, which has been shown to paralyze animals and cause brain malfunctions.
Health Care Workers And Kids Receive 1st Wave Of H1N1 Vaccinations
The interview is broken into four parts, but I think the second chunk is the most compelling, which is what I've pasted below.  Be sure you listen at least to the seven minute mark, where he starts talking about the adjuvants in the vaccines.

If you have time to kill, you can watch all four parts.  The interviewer - Dr. Mercola - really means well, but he takes about 3 minutes to ask his first question in the first interview section.

Overall- you will see that the main stream media is keeping a lot of key scientific facts under wraps.  So do your part and pass this blog on to anyone who has a small infant they are thinking of vaccinating.  They need to hear what this doctor has to say.

Dr. Carrie said:

Yes--sometimes even doctors fall prey to superstition. I really hate to see quacks like this given air-time. The risks of H1N1 are real. The risks of the vaccine highly theoretical. How would you feel if you gave this mis-information to your friend, she then decided to forgo the vaccine, her 9 month old baby got H1N1 and died. We're up to 43 pediatric H1N1 deaths since August and 86 total this year. That's a lot of grieving families.

jer said:

Dr. Carrie, You say the risks of the vaccine highly theoretical? It's actually a fact that the shot can cause complications. Don't call this guy a quack when there are past, proven events to back up the danger of this vaccine. There are many professionals that refuse to have their kids vaccinated, and also refuse to give the vaccine to anyone else at all. What has this world come to when we are taught to ignore our natural instincts for something that is socially acceptable ? Some professionals say the vaccine is safe, some say it isn't. It seems that the ones that say it isn't safe use things such as, facts, to back up their argument. I'm no professional, so can someone please convince me that this vaccine is safe? I am seeing way too much evidence that convinces me to stay away from the shot. Going by natural perception, past occurences, and evidence, I am sold on the fact that this vaccine is unsafe. Now please, test your credibility and prove to me that these hundreds of other professionals are wrong, and that past complications are coincidences and/ or didn't happen. It seems the ones saying this shot is safe lack proof and evidence that indeed it is.

jer said:

Dr. Carrie, you state that the risks of the vaccine are highly theoretical? It is a fact that this vaccine can cause serious complications. Don't call this guy a quack when there is evidence, and past occurences that prove this vaccine is unsafe. What has this world come to when we are taught to ignore our natural instincts, for something that is socially acceptable? There are professionals that refuse to have their family vaccinated, and that refuse to give the shot to anyone at all. Some professionals say the shot is safe, some say it isn't. It seems that the ones that say it isn't safe back up their claims with such things as...facts. So please, convince me that this shot is safe...please convince me that these hundreds, if not thousands of professionals are wrong, and that past occurences proving this shot is unsafe, are coincidences and/ or didn't happen. I'm no professional, and the ones who are saying this shot is unsafe, are doing alot better at convincing, and supporting themselves with evidence.

Jen Weigel said:

Dr. Carrie-
I give voice to opinions that don't get main stream attention- Dr. Mercola is not a quack- and I find it hard to believe he would give voice to someone who was not highly educated. Please see my latest post on this..and thanks for the comment. I am not a doctor- i just encourage people to ask questions because we do not have all the answers....

Dr. Brenda said:

Dear Jen,

I'll try to be tactful here, but that's simply irresponsible and inaccurate blogging.

First of all, everyone needs to get their facts straight.

"THERE ARE NO ADJUVANTS (SUCH AS SQUALENE) IN EITHER THE 2009 H1N1 OR SEASONAL FLU SHOT USED IN THE UNITED STATES." This is a direct statement from the CDC's website. Check it out for yourself at www.cdc.gov/H1N1flu/vaccination/pregnant_qa.htm.

Secondly, with no disrespect to a retired neurosurgeon, he isn't exactly the first person to whom I'd run for legitimate, up-to-date information about H1N1. Highly educated does not equal highly knowledgeable about topics outside of one's specialty. I can tell you, neurosurgeons don't treat influenza nor do they give flu vaccines. Talk to a real doctor who actually deals with this stuff.

Finally, your post is exactly the reason for my post today, entitled "I've Got a Complaint." (www.chicagonow.com/blogs/doctors-next-door/2009/10/ive-got-a-complaint.html) Feel free to read about how misinformation and myths about H1N1 are spread faster than the actual virus. In this post, I have some links to legitimate and accurate sources of information about H1N1.

Please do your part to avoid carrying on inaccurate and incorrect information.

Dr. Brenda said:

Dear Jen,

I'd like to amend my above comment.

I need to apologize for the way in which it was worded. You were not being irresponsible or inaccurate in your blog - you were doing your part by passing on what appeared to be legitimate information from doctors. I should not have blamed you for using what appeared to be a credible source of medical information.

My comments really should have been directed at the physician who is concerned about the squalene in the influenza vaccines. There is no squalene in the influenza vaccines. He is the one who is misinformed and spreading the inaccurate and incorrect information.

Sorry again that my complaint was misdirected at you.

Thanks for being such a gracious fellow blogger!

Dr. Brenda