No Spain, No Gain

« The Cubs/White Sox Rivalry Is Heating Getting Over The Hump: The Wednesday »

Tiger Woods & Nike Team Up With Earl Woods for Controversial New Ad

SarahSpain

Sports reporter, sarcastic smartass, music lover, funny gal.

The just-released new Nike ad featuring Tiger Woods and the voice of his deceased father, Earl Woods.

THOUGHTS??!!!

UPDATE:

Coming Soon: Part II, in which Tiger Responds...

Whether it's cheating on your wife or disgracing your father's memory, I say, JUST DO IT.  "

[HT to Michael Eaves]

Skip said:

It's missing the tagline:

'Just Do Her'

SarahSpain said:

Yeah, I guess that's more succinct than the tagline I thought of:

"I'm Tiger Woods, and I'm so eager to get back in the public's good graces/earn back sponsorship money/be forgiven for being a cad that I'm willing to drag my beloved, deceased father into this mess."

Jimmy Greenfield said:

The problem is that I still can't look him in the eye and take him seriously. Maybe in a press conference, certainly not in an ad. It's like he's saying, "You buying this bullshit? Come on, my dead dad wants you to!"

SarahSpain said:

In fact, that tagline is going IN THE POST. Screw this diplomatic ish.

Gunzaan said:

Some people (not really here but EVERYWHERE) are really pathetic. The man is famous for his golf game, not his private life. He didn't commit any crimes and the only people he is accountable to is his wife and kids. All of these whiners talking about how he has let down his fans and their kids and grandchildren are full of it. As Charles Barkley said, "Just because I can dunk a basketball doesn't mean I should raise your kids." Anyone who feels they are let down because Tiger banged some whores needs to adjust their priorities in life.

SP said:

I feel like I'm at the Hater's Ball. If anything, the commercial is boring. The man is winning the Masters this year, and there's nothing old "sht the bed" Watson can do about it.

Now if you'll excuse, I've gotta go put some water in Buck Nasty's mama's dish...good evening.

Barry Moltz said:

As I said in my blog today: www.chicagonow.com/smallbusiness

WTF? Nike, What Are You Thinking?

I know that Nike is trying to call out the 800 pound gorilla in the room, but to use the voice of Tiger's dead father (who was known to have a few affairs in his day) seems ludicrous to me.

I don't care what Tiger was thinking (although as a guy, I know). I don't care if he learned anything. I don't care what he is feeling right now. I just want Tiger to play golf.

If Tiger has more days like the 68 he shot at the Masters yesterday, I don't care about any of it.