N'DIGO - MoneySmart Guy Matthew Sapaula

« You Want to Be Rich? You 3 Tips to Make Your New »

15 Steps to Transform a Baller into a Businessman...Booyaaa!

Matt Sapaula

I am a proud father, financial strategist, TV commentator and financial talk show host of Money Smart Radio

Ok, let's just make sure we ALL have the proper definition of what a "baller" is.  I know the first time I heard that term was back in the day during summertime pick-up games and watchin' Boyz in the Hood at the movies.

Urban Dictionary defines "Baller" as a thug that has "made it" to the big time. Originally referred to ball players that made it out of the streets to make millions as a pro ball player, the term is now used to describe any thug that is living large.
Thug, eh? Well, the Top Rappers of 2009 list greatly suggest that these "thugs" have found a way to transcended themselves from thug, to artist to businessmen.  There are a lot of one-hit wonders out there and talent is never hard to find.

Here are some ways these "rap guys" have turned their "bling-bling" lifestyles into actual, tangible "kaching-kaching":

DISCLAIMER: I am no fashion critic but if you want to achieve success in your life, there comes a time where you have to rethink your appearance.  We used to tell our Marines before uniform inspections, "If you look good, you feel good.  If you feel good, then you do good...and that's ALL GOOD!"

Sorry to say and not to justify that it is right, but people DO judge a book by it's cover.  You ain't pitchin' $15 CD's anymore homie...after all, you are building an foundation in which you can reach financial freedom, independence, choice and control.

If so, these conversations are made in decisions in boardrooms and banks. Are you ready?

Let me know your thoughts/comments...I will include the best ones on this Friday's financial talk show - Money Smart Radio!

Lenox Magee said:

LOL!!! Loving the tips, Matthew!

Matt Sapaula said:

You got it Lenox! Thx for droppin' by!

Zack Isaacs said:

You should be ashamed of yourself, Matthew...for making me laugh this hard!

I overdress for my internship job (redundant, I know) on purpose. Folks joke about me, but I've always done that. Three years ago, when I was a telemarketer at Chicago's only non for profit theater, I would come to work wearing dress clothes while others wore a shirt and jeans. My thing is to dress for the position I want- in that case, it was a position at another company! LOL!

Great post, my Afro Asian brotha from a different father and mother!

Matt Sapaula said:

And thx for droppin' a comment on our Facebook fan page too Isaac! You dressin' for success is not a bad thing...like the Marines, you have to be a force in readiness!! Holla!! :D

Red Level Entertainment said:

Matthew great information our young males need to read this. I've share with my Facebook network. I also have a friend you has a gentlemen style guide that he has posted on his Facebook photo album check it out when you get a moment. I'm actually going to display his style guide in my next issue of my entertainment street guide. Shoot me your contact information on maybe collaborating on the piece for my next issue.

Thanks
Bryant Thompson
Red Level Entertainment
bryant@redlevelentertainment.com

Matt Sapaula said:

We had fun doin this Bryant! I appreciate your input and yes, would love to collaborate with you on your magazine. I emailed you too. Thanks!