Happy New Year from LOHO!

SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA - JANUARY 01: Fireworks light up Sydney Harbour during the midnight fireworks session as Sydney Celebrates New Year's Eve on December 31, 2010 in Sydney, Australia. (Photo by Jeremy Ng/Getty Images)
Find Kiwibob in this photo from Sydney's celebration

Happy New Year to each and everyone one you LOHOers. Even the ones who don't comment. Anyone making resolutions? Any resolutions you think the Cubs should make?

Teebob2000 said:

BTW, HNY LOHO. LOL

sloan peterson said:

Happy new Year!!!

sloan peterson said:

Is Kiwibob the head closest to the beginning of the photo? And why are there so many pictures of Sammy Sosa?

(Bob & doug McKenzie voice) : Good day and Happy New Year, LOHO! Good God, it's sunny down here. No wonder I live in the mid-west. (pushes sunglasses up and pulls hat down) . I'm currently eating lunch in my swimsuit OUTSIDE. My body is in complete and total shock.

sloan peterson said:

After the 10,000th day of 90 degree heat the novelty of eating in a swimsuit gets tired ;) Don't forget the sunscreen and that only mad dogs & Englishmen go out in the mid-day sun!! Happy New Year!!!

Edelweiss said:

I'll need more sunscreen than Julie, but only on my face. I'm off to Italy for some serious skiing and sunning, as well as visiting. The weather has been brutal there, but it is getting better. I may or may not take my Netbook. Skiing beats sunning at the beach every time.

keywestcubfan said:

Your body should be. I was the guy at the next table trying to look casual, and sweating profusely.

sloan peterson said:

1st NY resolution: Stop cussing at CN and start begging it to take my posts/let me login....
2nd NY resolution: Buy more Lotto/Mega tickets as that will be my only realistic retirement plan before 80....
3rd NY resolution: Actually learn to use my cellphone-then I can move on to Twitter,etc. in about 5 years...

J Pep said:

18 back here in Chicago with 40mph winds. Enjoy the sunshine. Can some explain to me why four bowl games start within an hour of each other on basically the same network. Glad I don't pay for ad time but the way the Big Ten is playing, I guess it could be a blessing.

kiwibob said:

Ha Ha!
Actually I was even closer than that photo... I posted a 5 second clip of the bridge from the guy who was filming beside me on Facebook. Not sure how to find a way to link it here though...

Happy New Year LOHO!

FrankS said:

The Tribune has posted articles from their BBWAA members regarding their Hall of Fame ballots. All have taken a stand against PEDs even though most reasonable people know that we will never know the names of all the players who were involved in using them. A number of stories have come out saying that steroids were definitely in use in the 80's and I have little doubt that their use probably goes back to the 50's or earlier. Since PED users have likely already been voted in and since acknowledged or admitted cheaters have been admitted (Gaylord Perry with his spitter for one) and since amphetamines were distributed by baseball teams in the 60's and 70's as pickmeups (read that as performance enhancers) for fatigued players, I think it is hypocritical to draw a line in the sand against the guys who were actually caught using steroids. Simply judge their performance against those of their peers (many of whom were probably juiced as well). That seems to me to be the only fair way to handle it.

honestly this is one of those things I go back and forth on, should speculation and rumors really be enough to keep someone from the hall of fame, can you only penalize the few players who were proven to be on something, and how does that affect players that legitimately did play by the rules

Happy New Year everyone, here's to an optimistic 2011

sloan peterson said:

It is now snowing in Valcenia, the Grapevine, Casteic, the Sepulveda Pass, and Magic Mountain in Valencia. The LA newsfools are blanketing the area with team coverage. They talked to a woman from Wisconsin who is stuck at the Sepulveda Pass and she basically said this snow was nada and CA is full of wussess. I died laughing....

sloan peterson said:

Of course I meant Valencia....