Chicago Cubs Monday Headlines: 3-2 Road Trip?

Florida Marlins at Chicago Cubs

Carlos Silva is 6-0. I think we all know that a pitcher's record is not the best indicator of how well he's pitched. In fact, Carlos Silva knows that.

A two-run Soriano homer highlighted a four-run first inning off lefty C.J. Wilson (3-2), and the Cubs' pitching staff and fielders kept them ahead all day. Silva gave up three runs in 5 1/3 innings, with Michael Young's two-run homer the biggest hit. The Cubs are averaging 6.7 runs for him, with at least four every time out.

His changeup was pounding the strike zone, but he spread the praise around.

"They've been scoring a lot of runs (for me),'' he said. "The whole rotation has been really good. I've just been getting more run support than anybody else.''

But if anyone here thought that Carlos Silva would be 6-0, I think you need to contact my favorite psychic, Sylvia Browne, and see if she's got any work for you. In fact, 6-0 has been rare for any Cub pitcher.

Silva became the first Cubs starter in 43 years to begin a season 6-0 and the first to begin his Cubs career that way since Dizzy Dean in 1938. He was helped by a series of plays that illustrated the potential upside of the slow-starting team.
Despite all the fun of winning 3 out of 5 on the road, Aramis Ramirez wasn't any help in the victories. But his thumb isn't broken.

X-rays on the area near the base of Ramirez's thumb Sunday were negative. It has been diagnosed as a bone bruise and sprain -- the result of rolling his top hand over the area swinging the bat.

Ramirez said it has bothered him for about two weeks, but it has nothing to do with his hitting woes. And the extended break Piniella plans to give him is as much about mental health as physical.

So just how bad has Ramirez been?

Ramirez, hitting just .160 with 40 strikeouts already, is 0-for-13 with seven strikeouts since his 11th-inning walk-off home run against the Colorado Rockies last Monday. He went 0-for-5 with four strikeouts in his return to the lineup Saturday night.

EEK. While there may not be a real game today, there will be one of the simulated variety.

Carlos Zambrano's 65-to-70-pitch simulated game goes well today, Piniella said the big right-hander's return to the rotation likely will come after the six-game homestand against the Los Angeles Dodgers and St. Louis Cardinals that starts Tuesday.

''Probably the early part of next week,'' Piniella said, referring to the May 31-June 2 series in Pittsburgh. ''We'll start him off on the road.''

ALERT!!! LOST SPOILERS BELOW!!!!

A-Ram is at the bottom of almost all fantasy baseball rankings right now.

That's depressing.

plamorte said:

yes he is, so sad, especially when he's on my team, I've had to bench him for...Edwin Encarnacion.

yeah, I had to bench him too, I had to pick up a new 3rd baseman as a backup

I have Juan Uribe on two of my fantasy teams.

And Corey Patterson is on Yahoo's "hot" list.

(lots of boos and frowns here today...just thought I'd add to it.)

I'm tired from staying up late trying to figure out Lost.

Boo.

What's to figure out? Go read my note on FB. You all are making this way more difficult than it is.

Stop saying that! There was a ton left to figure out! Where was Walt? Is Michael still stuck on the island? Why was Sun pregnant in purgatory? What was the purpose of the island? Why does it have a giant donkey wheel? Why can it travel through time? Etc, etc, etc.

I didn't say there aren't questions. But the things people are saying like "So JAck was dead" or "it was all a dream" are dumb questions. Christian Shepherd explained all of that word for word.

The other questions are great questions, and part of the mystery that makes the show super interesting.

But there's a difference between debating the show's mysteries, and completely misunderstanding what was made perfectly clear in the end as far as what the show was.

I didn't think it was all that clear until I started talking about it with people.

I just feel like the ending could have been a lot more satisfying. And it didn't make me cry like it did everyone else, either.

One a scale of 1-10, with 1 being the Sopranos STOOPID ending and 10 being Six Feet Under's AWESOME ending, this is a 3.

It was crystal clear to me because I listened to Christian Shepheard's speech.

Agreeing with your scale references, I give it a solid 8.5.

Six Feet Under's ending really I think will never be matched by another series end. It was incredible.

AND IT TOLD ME EVERYTHING I WANTED TO KNOW. Unlike a certain other show that comes to mind.

Leaving some mystery for us to debate is fun. IMO.

ALSO, Sawyer's shirt was on throughout the whole episode.

Pffffft.

LOL, he doesn't do it for me.

Eric From The Dugs said:

The more I think about it, the more I liked the Sopranos ending.

OK, there's something to be said for a gigantic mob fight climax. I think a lot of people were expecting that and were disappointed when they didn't get it.

But I thought the climax (with the building music and tension, etc.) that led to nothing in the last couple of minutes was a nice representation of the mobster lifestyle. At any second you can picture someone in that restaurant standing up and putting a bullet in his head. I think that's how most of a mobster's life must feel even when something inconsequential is happening like dinner.

I get that, I just like to think it all went black because someone popped Tony. If that were the case, I'd give it an 8.

I like to think everything was fine. I'm going with that but giving it a 1.

oog of ulams said:

I was this. And it was masterful.

also, i loved the alternate "Sopranos" ending last night with Jin trying to park the Dharma van. That made me laugh.

Eric From The Dugs said:

I'll agree with this.

But I'll also agree that there were a few mysteries that I wish were explained. Also read, there are a few things I think the writers set up that they didn't follow through on.

Regardless of anyone's opinion of the ending, I have to give them credit for the ride. It was the thing I most looked forward to watching on a weekly basis.

And. . . AND, if sideways purgatory was a place they created for themselves to wait for each other, why were they all living it in such abject misery? why not live it with the person you love in happiness? kate is still a fugitive, sun and jin had to escape the mobsters, sayid lost nadia. . . that sucks.

I dont' think its something they sat down and hashed out. Their consciousnesses needed a way to connect with each other, but the reality they developed was based a lot on their real-life reality. Sun and Jin and Kate were always running and Clair was always struggling with the idea of motherhood and Jack was always trying to fix everybody and Locke wanted to believe but struggled with faith. This manifested in the Sideways because if they were in perfect harmony, why would they need to find each other?

My hypothesis on these questions:

Walt was abandoned by the writers because they forgot that he'd grow up, and there's no good explanation.

Michael is stuck in limbo - though maybe Desmond/Jack's actions freed them.

Dunno about Sun, but it may have something to do with what they really wanted (like how Jack had a son and Clarie kept Aaron).

The Island is the world's life source, or something.

The Wheel and time travel are related - the life source is powered by a very strange and unique phenomenon, in the form of electromagnetism. The original shipwrecked people figured out that manipulating it could help them escape. Others who came to the island dug into the well and also figured it out, and put the wheel in place. How it works is for your imagination.

Where was Katy Seagal? Locke didn't wait for her? Why was Aaron a baby again?

Also, sideways purgatory seems a bit cliqueish. Rousseau saved their butts 10,000 times, they didn't wait for her or Alex?

LOL, it was cliqueish. Maybe this was just the first of their meetings. Maybe theyll come back for Rousseau and Walt and Ben (after he works through is issues).

plamorte said:

sooooo How about those Cubbies....

They blow, let's keep discussing Lost.

plamorte said:

a winning road trip through Philly and Texas is parade-worthy!

they played philly and texas? really?

isn't texas in the AL?

Agree. World Series, here we come!

I have resigned my self to the knowledge that last night and today I will not be a part of any conversation

its my penalty for not watching Lost, on the upside I got to go to sleep at about 9 last night

baturkey said:

Did you watch the season finale of Fringe? I thought this season started slowly but then got really good.

just the first half, not the second, school has caused me to be way behind on tv

Eric From The Dugs said:

Just a thought- you might want to put a Lost finale spoiler warning at the end of your blog, as to not be e-lynched.

i'm so going to post a spoiler post if she does

With a big finale like that, if you don't watch it, you have to stay off the information superhighway. you can't expect the whole world to wait for you. weekly viewing is different.

Edelweiss said:

Since the Cubs won't play today, and you are bored enough to talk about TV shows that are for the brain-dead, lets proceed to the Cubs shower room, where , if it were a game day, a lively round of bubblefarting would be taking place. The usual participants are Geo Soto, Fonzie Soriano, Big Z, and little Mikey, whom the other three have adopted as a mascot. The object of the game is to casually walk up to one of the other participants, all lathered up with soap, and fart through the soap, thus releasing a bubble, the bigger, the better. The brown-skinned guys have a bit of a problen hiding the soap lather on their bodies, but little Mikey, who has skin the color of 108 brightness copy paper, and is below eye level, can sneak up quite well. Of course, one must also have gas, so that makes the big bubble a more rare occurrence. Now you can spend your off-day picturing this rare sporting event.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

BTW, I feel like I haven't heard the phrase "information superhighway" since like 2001.

with Lost everything today is a spoiler

Mydnyte said:

I'm not a big Lost fan, but I'm glad that Bret Michaels won Celebrity Apprentice after all he's been through, and that Snapple came through to match the winner's donation to Holly Robinson Peete's charity because both of the charities are causes near and dear to my family.

Mydnyte said:

Not that I actually WATCHED the Apprentice final...had too many other more important things to do.

Mydnyte said:

This might be a silly question - how does one go back and reply to a previously posted comment? I've been trying to find out how to do so, and it's really not that readily apparent. (I'm sure it'll be super-simple once I know how...)

You should see a "reply" link on the bottom right of each comment. However, some people, for some reason we've yet to get an explanation for, just don't have that link and can't reply in nested form.

you should see a "reply" button under the comment. But if you're not using at least IE7, you probably won't see it.

It's okay--we can figure out who you're talking to.

Everyone in the world should just user Google Chrome and the world would be a better place.

jarowcliffe said:

I like Chrome...but I dont like anymore than I like Firefox...which I also am a big fan of

Edelweiss said:

I tried using Google Chrome, and it kept hijacking my settings, as well as not allowing things to get printed. I went back after a few weeks.

jarowcliffe said:

Ok, I just read through most of the Lost posts...I never watched the show, just didnt get into it. The "recap" you guys provided was entertaining and EXTREMELY confusing though...

Welcome to my life.

Teebob2000 said:

Do all gay men have a favorite psychic?

huh?

Teebob2000 said:

To quote Carl from above: "my favorite psychic, Sylvia Browne"

I don't know any straight guys who can even NAME a psychic, much less any that have a "favorite" one.

Well, I can't name on either, but I'm frequently told I'm "not that gay."

Teebob2000 said:

Hmmm... Not sure of the correlation of degree of "gayness" to familiarity with psychics. Maybe if you just "experimented in college" you've heard of Uri Geller and maybe bent a spoon or two yourself. But if you're a full-on bottom, you keep a gypsy on retainer?

jarowcliffe said:

Correct me if I'm wrong...there isn't "degrees of gay" is there? I mean, its an all or nothing kind of thing right?

I don't know. I'm totally committed to the cause, but I don't "seem" gay. Nobody realizes I am until they find out, then they are surprised. So they say I'm not really gay.

But I sleep with guys, and only guys, and I actually kind of detest women, so... yeah. I'm gay.

um...what if you detest women, but still like sleeping with them? (not that I detest women...just asking.)

I really don't know. That's just not my arena at all.

Edelweiss said:

Lots of guys are like that, but they don't get a second chance.

it's true. he calls me "gross" all the time.

Teebob2000 said:

If you're a switch-hitter, are you considered a lefty? OR a righty? I don't think so! No matter your BA you're technically a switch-hitter. (Just trying to bring it back on-topic.)

Dmband said:

Ill be honest, I'd been thinking about getting the Lost DVD's and starting from the begninng, however after reading what you wrote, I have no interest in doing so.

I eternally thank you for not making me waste my time.

To each his own, but if you have Netflix you can watch it for free.

I have been basically waiting for the series finally to decide if I would start buying the DVDs and watching the series from the beginning just like you.

Basically, I was going to decide if the series had an actual conclusion, I'd do it.

Everything that I've heard, basically tells me that I shouldn't bother now.

I'm right there with you.

I loved all 6 seasons (except for the part in season 4 during the writer's strike, when every show was terrible), and the ending was satisfying to me. But I'm also clearly far more intelligent than most of the people watching this show.

For the time commitment required to watch 6 seasons of a series...especially one as serialized as this one, then I really need a solid conclusion to come out of it. This is why I hate TV so much now.

I don't need television to make me think about what's going on. Intelligent or not, I have plenty of complicated stuff going on in my life that makes me think more than 95% of the world right now. What I need is something that is pure entertainment, and there is very little of that left on TV now.

BOO TV!!!!

There was a solid conclusion. There are lingering mysteries, but the conclusion was unquestionably solid. Those who think otherwise are r-tards.

Dammit GD! Now you are making me waver on my decision not to get the series. BOO!!!!

Don't buy it, watch it on Netflix. Also, Hulu will have seasons 1-5 posted through the end of the year. Watch the first season and if you don't like it, it didn't cost you anything.

I don't do netflix...if there is a movie (or TV series) that I really want to see, I'll probably want to see it more than once, so I just buy it. I don't watch enough movies to even justify Netflix anyway. And if it is a movie that I'm somewhat interested in, I can wait until it is on TV and I'm ok with having commercials breaking it up a bit anyway.

Nope...with this lost thing, I'm either all in or not in at all.

Hulu.

That might work.

And I can watch them at work that way. :)

Oh, just watch it. the first two seasons especially are fantastic. that's how I got sucked in for the whole 6-year tenure.

AndCounting said:

Everyone should be required to watch Lost. The finale was absolutely excellent. A lot of people are ticked off because their theories were wrong, but the finale and the series as a whole were phenomenal.

I'll just say this: if you made a list of the top 20 TV characters from the past 20 years, at least five of them should be from Lost.

Ok...so I have 3 people for and 3 anti. Time to call my sister to break the tie.

AndCounting said:

I thought a tie was like kissing your sister, not an occasion to call her.

We do things differently in my family.

thisyearcub said:

Doc, I'll break the tie. Watch LOST. Absolutely.

plamorte said:

back to tied, i did for a bit the first season, never got me hooked.

I tried, Season 1 I watched the first few episode, but it was like an updated version of Exile (anyone who gets this reference is awesome) and I got bored, plus it conflicted with something, so I gave up

sloan peterson said:

I watched Season One and wanted the extra hour of sleep. Even then I told my sister the island was going to turn out to be Purgatory and then some would go to heaven or some to hell. A really different ending would have been to get the cast to one area,dissolve,fade to white and then have the screen focus into a hospital ward where the cast has been in a induced coma, and the medical personnell is about to bring them out of it. Similar to St. Elsewhere's ending.....

Edelweiss said:

They watch bootleg DVDs in the Cleveland clubhouse.

Teebob2000 said:

La-la-la-la-la-la-la, I'm not any reading posts, I have Lost on Tivo but haven't watched it yet!!! I have my fingers in my ears, I can't hear you! La-la-la-la-la.

Yeah, you might not want to hang around here today.

Teebob2000 said:

Today????

:-)

Teebob2000 said:

...or "reading any posts" as the case may be. See?? I'm all thrown off! Hard to type correctly with fingers in your ears.

Well, I won't spoil anything for you.

Except to say Vincent is controlling the MIB, and at the end the Island reveals itself to be a space ship that takes off. Watching Vincent's paws run the controllers is hilarious.

Teebob2000 said:

La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la!!!!!

Clearly that wasn't serious :)

But I am serious about this: Forget Jate or Skate - its all about Jawyer.

So Z is pitching a simulated game today.

Then the Cubs will have about a billion starting pitchers again and a shitty bullpen again...it will be just like the beginning of the season again...and we'll still suck.

so, who is going to the bullpen this time? I think it should be Zambrano.

I agree...

The problem is, the best candidates (in my opinion) to go to the pen would be Lilly or Gorzelanny...but it just make's little sense to send a lefty out there unless Grabow is sent to the DL or DFAd. If not Grabow, making even less sense would be to demote Russell whose stats aren't much worse than Marshall's. If one of the lefties is chosen to move to the pen, there would be too many southpaws out there.

That basically would put Wells up to be demoted to the pen...and I don't think that makes the Cubs better.

And if anyone brings up a 6 man rotation...wrong.

The only way a 6 man rotation could even be considered is if one starter is made available out of the bullpen for each game (probably on the 2nd or 3rd day of rest). This would be an interesting experiment, but could fail horribly, and for a team that really should be going all-in on this season, it isn't a good risk to try.

At this point...a trade might still not be out of the question.

Agree about not doing the 6 man.

Edelweiss said:

That is because you are fantacizing about his lathered up body, after he gets gas from eating a plate of fried bananas, and farting in Sorianos face.

Mydnyte said:

Thanks for the reply info. Browsers at work aren't entirely up to current, so that's probably it. I'll check at home tonight.

And I am almost 92.576% sure that Zambrano will NOT go to the bullpen - been there, done that, major FAIL.

My bet of the existing starters would be Gorzelanny.

I was joking about Zambrano, I've been right there with Julie as one of the biggest opponents of the idea from the beginning. I'm never serious. Except for right now. This is a serious face.

Also think it will be Gorz.

that puts 4 lefties in the pen...which is too many.

you're too many.

That's obvious.

Edelweiss said:

What would you give for a copy of the Cubs Dickball video?

plamorte said:

Article on Milton bradley: http://bit.ly/cvFcon

"He doesn't talk much, Kelley says, but Bradley has a very deep mind. They play a game on their cell phones called "Words With Friends," which Kelley says is a modern-day version of Scrabble. They'll use nine-letter words to trash-talk each other."

Someone find me Milton Bradley's Words name quick!

AndCounting said:

I challenged him to a game via my blog and got no response. I don't know what his WWF name is, but I'm disappointed in his lack of verbal tenacity.

I can't play! I hate Pre!

thisyearcub said:

I think the people that were disappointed, etc. in the LOST finale weren't that into it to begin with. Everything wasn't going to be solved, and that's how it should be. The whole series was open for interpretation, so you shouldn't be too surprised at the finale.

That said, I agree with Walt, but a lot of it (and even Harold Perrineau alluded to this on the Kimmel special last night) is that Malcolm David Kelly grew like 14 inches in a year, so it was hard to write him in and make it believable.

Disagree. I know a lot of people who were very into it who were very disappointed. It's not about havingt every puzzle solved or understanding the ending, it's about being able to reconcile the ending with what we know.

That's what I'm struggling with. I understand it, it just didn't gel for me. Too many things were never addressed at all again.

thisyearcub said:

What didn't gel? I agree with AC, the major points were addressed. Not everything is meant to be solved on a show like this.

That's such a cop-out. You don't bring up plot points and then just leave them hanging. It's insulting to your viewers.

What didn't gel? The whole purgatory thing didn't gel for me. Take that whole part out, and I probably would have liked it.

thisyearcub said:

It was NOT purgatory!!

AndCounting said:

If by "nails" you mean beats and by "it" you mean the dead horse of topics that are open for speculation but significantly exposited through six years of television to justify the motivations of the characters and tell the story the writers wanted to tell, then I agree.

The Others followed Jacob like a Messiah (one with a lot of rules). Walt had special powers that made him appealing to Jacob as a potential candidate. You know, like the ability to draw living beings to where he was. Wait, who else had that power? Jacob, that's who.

The Smoke Monster established his own network of followers (that some would call a sickness). The Hanso Foundation had it's own online history that explored that universe extensively--and you know why more of that story wasn't told on the show? No one cared.

All of those people, including the ancient civilizations we know nothing about, were fascinated by the island and its mysteries. But none of that is half as interesting as the characters of this show.

And all the questions as to how time travel works . . . really? People want an explanation for how the island traveled through time? Come on. Islands don't travel through time. There was something special about the island, something fantastic and altogether inexplicable. They reversed the polarity. They crossed the streams. It was so crazy it just might work.

The most interesting question (whether the island was submerged in reality, alternate reality, or purgatory, is a great question and perhaps altogether unanswerable. My guess is, the people we saw in the flash sideways used the afterlife to explore the question of what would have happened if they had never been on the island, and what we saw was the cosmic answer to that question.

thisyearcub said:

Exactly, AC. Good points all around.

thisyearcub said:

I know at least three of those questions that were answered, so, um ...

which ones?

thisyearcub said:

7, 6 and 3.

For me, I don't understand a) all the people who are so rabidly defensive of the finale. I thought it was a big let down. . . sorry. And b) for all the people who keep saying "it wasn't about the mysteries! It was about the characters!", maybe they should have spent more time on the characters and less on the mysteries. They encouraged their fans to analyze every image in every scene for hidden clues, then walked away from half of them and pretended they never existed.

For me, the ending wasn't moving, it wasn't emotional, and it certainly wasn't a character-driven series like "Six Feet Under" was. I feel like I'm arguing against the same people who thought "Gladiator" was an Oscar-worthy movie. It was a lame plot with bad dialog.

AndCounting said:

The simplest way I can say it: we're defensive because of how wrong the criticisms are. /rabid

it's art. criticism isn't wrong or right. i found it to be somewhat sophomoric and trite, especially since people have been speculating about purgatory since the first season.

it just didn't do it for me. but then, i was never one of those people who thought it was the best show on tv, either. i just felt like the finale appealed to the lowest common denominator.

AndCounting said:

the purgatory of the show had nothing, not one iota, to do with people's speculations at the outset. The island was not purgatory by any stretch of the imagination.

The criticism isn't art. It is wrong, for the most part. I'm not saying everyone has to say it was the best show ever, but 95% of the reasons given for why it sucked are 100% invalid.

AndCounting said:

Furthermore, I don't know what is sophomoric or trite about exploring an understanding of the afterlife. I really don't get that. I'm also chasing after my kids in between comments, so there's an added sense of urgency to every word.

because it was a completely superficial "exploration" of it. just telling the audience people are really dead after you thought they were alive or in an alternate reality for an entire season is not an explortation.

actually, they could have gone the "parallel universes" route with it and i would have liked it much more.

AndCounting said:

What's the difference, dude? Is death not just a parallel existence?

because that at least would have tied in with the whole "resetting" of the time/space continuim and the jughead.

Also, i like the idea of an actual scientific theory being an explanation, rather than just "you set it up this way so you could all wait for each other. even though you were all living alone and it wasn't until desmond showed up that you even remembered you were in purgatory, making the whole thing kind of pointless because, if you're going to wait for someone, wouldn't you at least want to wait in relative happiness?"

AndCounting said:

I will say, I didn't like the explanation from Christian (though I loved Kate's "Christian Shepard? Really?!?" line) because it sounded like they created a Lost reunion facebook page. This is exactly why I liked that they didn't explain more things. When they explain, it's lame. When they just let it play out and give us faint hints at what's going on, I'm more than satisfied.

But if I were to explain what was going on, I would say that the one question I had all along was, Who is pushing them all together in the flash-sideways? It has to be someone! I think the answer the show kind of gave was that it was their affinity for each other that did it. I don't think was a willful choice per se so much as something that happened as a result for who they were and how they lived their lives . . . something like Mitch Albom's 5 People You Meet in Heaven or the Anne Hathaway vehicle, "Passengers."

I think the choice may have revealed itself in its truest form in 1975 or whenever they decided to detonate jughead. They chose to change their futures, but my guess is that they didn't change their physical futures so much as their spiritual ones. By listening to Jack and trying to "undo" the crash that brought them to the island, they put themselves on a collision course with destiny. I don't know what that means, but it sounded right.

No, seriously, I think they did what they thought was the right thin for each other only to discover ultimately, in death, that what they valued more than the off-island peace was their on-island togetherness.

I think the best summation of that given on the show was Jacob's speech to the candidates 'round the fire: none of their lives were good before coming to the island. However, it wasn't the power of the island that did that so much as their feelings toward each other.

The glowing, life-giving light of the island was within them all along. Once they discovered that they had the light to give instead of trying to take it for themselves (a la the Smoke Monster) they discovered true peace. Some might call that trite and sophomoric. Others might call it the basis of their belief system. I just call it a nice little bow on a great series. I liked the characters and relationships a lot more than the way they chose to describe them in a couple bits of dialogue. I was more impressed with the visuals of the opening sequence than the verbal descriptions of the denouement.

i'm choosing to look at this through my own personal prism, and thereby giving it a buddhist slant:

the point of everything is love. love is all that matters. loving yourself and each other to the fullest extent possible. we keep being reborn to try and try again, until we've loved perfectly. when we've experienced the perfect love, meaning loving someone to the point where you couldn't possibly love any more completely, you move on to become a part of the light. The light itself is love.

The end.

(but I still wanted to know about Walt and why Eloise Hawking seemed to know everything)

AndCounting said:

Like I said on Walt, I think he and Jacob possessed some of the same abilities, which made Jacob interested in him as a candidate. When Walt was being held and the Losties kidnapped Ben, Walt got his ticket off the island. Somehow he was able to give them warnings from off the island, but who knows how or why.

And Eloise Hawking had flash forwards similar to Desmond's, which is why she was able to explain them to Desmond. She knew enough about all that stuff (the same field Daniel studied) to orchestrate a return trip to the Island, so I just assumed she had been involved in those quantum leaps as much as Daniel had (the fact that he needed a constant demonstrated his first-hand familiarity with it, as did Eloise's tale of watching the dude with the red hat or shoes or whatever dying over and over again). She knew all about the Others because she was one and all about all things Oceanic et al because she was married to Widmore.

I've so gotta watch this through again.

don't call my reasons invalid!

YOU'RE INVALID!!!!

Dmband said:

just trying to piece togehter this show is making my head spin. Its a watercooler topic today and its pissing me off that I have literally no idea what any of my co workers are talking about. I had to eat lunch by myself today....JK...

Either way, the show seems very existential....which peaks my interest.

jarowcliffe said:

I just saw that Chad Gaudin was released...I wouldnt mind picking him up. He wasnt great for us but considering the pigpen, I dont see how he could hurt

MillsChC said:

I was totally convinced that Jack was gonna die at the end... but it ended exactly the way it should've... Chloe saving his ass yet again, and again he's on the run.

MillsChC said:

Ozzie's awesome... writing smack talk on a ball to an opposing fan.