You Won't Have Aaron Miles To Kick Around Anymore

Thumbnail image for miles[1].jpg

Yeah, keep using this photo, Assholes.

As I'm sure you've heard by now, I.AM.OUTTA. HERE. Traded to Oakland for a couple of minor league prospects. I wish I could say I enjoyed my stay, but the truth is, I hope this franchise continues to lose and lose HARD.

You see, Cubs fans, I'm a positive person. I need a positive environment. I need people who will support me and be on my side, not people who keep pointing out how often I strike out, the fact that my arm is made out of linguini, or that I'm really bad at baseball.

But all I've gotten since I arrived here in Chicago is negative, negative, negative.

"Your batting average this year was worse than Rich Harden's," "You're OBP didn't even break .250," Blah, blah, blah! How can I be expected to perform in such an unsupportive environment? I prayed every day that the game would only go 10-11 innings so I could go home. And let me tell you, the fact that was brought in to pinch hit late in extra-innings didn't help me acheive this.

I've been the butt of every joke, blamed for everything from the fact that I one-hop the ball to the plate to global warming.You've called me "Error Miles." That shit hurts, people!

Frankly, I've kept my mouth shut this whole season about the hate that's been directed at me and my son. He's 3! Every day I would take him to preschool, and teachers, parents, and kids would yell the "D" word at him. Do you

know what the "D" word is? "Designated for Assignment!" I can take people hurling hate at me, but at my son?

But you know what? I've dealt with adversity before  Sharing a shower with Matt Morris, having Rick Ankiel says his HGH syringes were mine, being forced to do body shots of Tony LaRussa. .  . I'll come out on top, just like I always do.

Smell ya later.

It's taken almost 3 years, but I've finally deleted my first comments. I have no problem with debate, argument, even fighting. But when you're off your meds and the caps lock key is stuck, I draw the line.

Karen said:

Thank you - reading through the comments on that last entry was painful

No kidding. My retinas are still burning from all the exclamation marks.

Can I start calling you Al now?

MillsChC said:

So... from reading the comments, unless it was a well-played inside joke that went over my head... I see that it might've been possible that you coulda got locked up for, contempt of court is it called?. Having zero knowledge of the real life court system (I guess that's a good thing), it's actually possible for lawyers to get locked up for that?... I always thought that was some Law & Order type TV thingy when lawyers get snotty with the judge, had no idea it was a real deal.

Set me straight if this was all just a joke that I didn't get though.

No, I had a judge seriously threaten to hold me in contempt this morning. I had to go talk him out of it, and it took about 30 minutes of tap dancing to get off the hook.

It's a long story of how I got there, but suffice it to say that I was not snotty to the judge, and I maintain that I didn't do anything wrong.

Little Bear said:

We want the long version, entertain us.