Blogapalooza!

Vinyl Ready Art - Holidays

Hey everybody, don't miss ChicagoNow's Blogapalooza!

On September 24, 2009, the ChicagoNow bloggers will be taking over the 900 N. Michigan shops from 5:00-7:00. Come hang out and meet your favorite CN blogger! Or tell off your least favorite! Either way, we'd love to see you.

Here are a few of the bloggers who will be participating:

Matt Lo Cascio of "Jay Cutler Superstar" and Julie DiCaro of "A League of Her Own" will meet, greet and talk Chicago sports, treating guests to Macallan Scotch, Joey's Brickhouse's Cheesy Noodle Bar and shoe shines at Mark Shale (Level 3); and for the ladies, Remy Martin Tropicana cocktails (Level 4);

Susan Cordogan of "Chicago RSVP," will offer wedding etiquette and planning tips with dainty sweets at Genevieve Lethu (Level 4);

Caitlin Giles of "Wee Windy City" will share with parents the best spots in Chicago to take the kids, while the little ones are treated to face painting, a scavenger hunt for store prizes and cookies in the "Kids Korner," Galt Toys, Oilily, Potbelly, Preggers and Mini Me (Level 5);

Matt McGuire of "Metromix: The Blog" will join a wine tasting with Alpana Singh, Director of Wine and Spirits for Lettuce Entertain You Enterprises, host of Check Please and also a ChicagoNow blogger of "What Would Alpana Drink?" sharing her favorite selections and paired with Frankie's Italian fare (Level 5);

And a few more:

RedEye's Stephen Markley will hold a meet & greet and "Breakfast for Dinner" featuring Bloody Marys and breakfast bites at Oak Tree Restaurant & Bakery (Level 6);

Jen Weigel of "I'm spiritual dammit" will host a meet & greet with "sakitinis" and appetizers at Baisi Thai (Level 6);

Theresa Carter of "The Local Tourist" and Atlas Galleries will partner up with mimosas and apps, chatting about Chicago's artful treasures (Level 6); and

Out and about at The 900 Shops will be Jason Chin of The Improvised Blog doing what comes naturally, improvising; and Monica Dimperio of photo blog Wear Windy City capturing fashion "Chicago-style."

Ashley Bond of "Body by Bond and David Wallach of "Pace of Chicago" will be giving tips on working out and staying healthy at Equinox (Lower Level);

Candace Jordan of "Candid Candace," which tracks the trends and talk of Chicago's social scene, will host a swanky soiree with cocktails, hors d'oeuvres and other happenings at Montblanc (Level 1);

Brandon Frein and Arlene Matthews of "Styled in Chicago" will team up with Bloomingdale's. Bobbi Brown cosmetic outposts will be stationed outside (Level 1); and "new" looks created for three candidates will be unveiled, with makeup by Laura Mercier and Freeze 24/7 Skincare, along with a meet & greet and fall fashion presentation (Level 5);

Sarah Stegner of "Prairie Chefs," which offers an inside look at being a top Chicago chef, will give cooking demonstrations at Williams-Sonoma (Level 2);

Maya Henderson of "Breath, Body & Balance" will educate guests with yoga and relaxation tips at Lululemon Athletica (Level 3);

Clearly, Matt and I have snagged the best deal with sportstalk, the complimentary noodle bar, free scotch and gratis shoeshines at Mark Shale, though I'll admit it will be hard for me to remain at my station and not at the Bobbi Brown makeover counter. After the season we've endured, I think it's awfully thoughtful of someone to realize that we all could use some free drinks

Can you feel the excitement? I know you can! Hope to see some of you there!

Seriously. HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE.

If I have to sit in Mark Shale by myself with free scotch for 2 hours, I'm not sure any of us will enjoy the outcome. . .

you could get a decent bar crawl going there

i thought of suggesting we use this as the Cubs tweetup location.

but i could always make a bar crawl back to the train station.

At first I wanted to go, but after all of your incessant reminders I've lost interest.

I saw that you took this seriously elsewhere, I hope you know I'm joking. I wish I could go.

I know you're joking. I'm just pointing out the obvious.

Brandon Frein said:

Yes, EVERYONE COME!!! I'll be there doing the style-over thang at Bloomie's. Lots of fun and free booze awaits!

Caitlin Giles said:

No booze or make overs at the Kid's Korner . . . but I'll have face painting . . . and cookies. Looking forward to seeing you.

FrankS said:

Hey Julie,

Since you are a grad of IU, I was wondering if you had any opinion on Myles Brand and his death this week from cancer? If this isn't the appropriate place for this question, please delete the comment.

i don't delete comments. ;)

eh, he wasn't my favorite president. i don't agree with the way he fired bobby. i didn't like a lot of his university programs. i always felt like he was angling for something bigger than IU, and when he left to head up the NCAA (or was it the Big 10?), that feeling was confirmed.

that said, i'm sorry to see anyone die of such a horrific and painful disease.

You delete my comments all the time!

i do not!

I know I like to lie.

FrankS said:

Okay, I'll ask for a clarification. Do you think that Knight should not have been fired? Or did you think that he should have been fired immediately rather than being put in a trap that everyone knew he couldn't win?

I guess. . . I knew it was time for him to go. Nothing was working right any more. We weren't winning, he was blowing up (more than usual), it was clear that it just wasn't working. I'm all for two parties cutting their losses when things get that ugly.

However, I thought the way he was fired was stupid. I would have liked him to have the chance to resign and to go out in a blaze of glory, but if they were going to fire him, they should have done it after the Neil Reed incident.

And then what followed. . . hiring Mike Davis and then Kelvin Sampson. The whole thing makes me mad just thinking about it.

Also, I should say that everyone saw the yelling, screaming, chair-throwing Bobby Knight on TV. If you were a student at IU, and particularly if you were around Assembly Hall or took Bobby's classes, I think you saw a much different person than the one you see on TV.

I'll leave it at that.

Shocker, Paul Sullivan was wrong again. Harden skipping one start, not being shut down for the season.

If we're not going to resign him, shutting him down makes no sense. Might as let him throw his arm off before the Cardinals snap him up.

Carl Heartscubs Gierhan said:

With all of the scientific and technological advances we enjoy every day, is there no means of making vitamins smaller?

millertime said:

Free Scotch?

and food.

this is my understanding.